Help me ID this tree

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It is a corkscrew willow!
Needs full sun and a good space to grow in.
Like most willows they like moisture.
I have one which I braided the main stems together when it was young, and now after 7 years the stem has fused together. It makes for an interesting trunk!
Branches weep like the weeping willow. but the branches are more upright.
I have to prune mine once a year to keep it in shape and to control it's weeping tendencies so I can walk under it to mow the lawn.

http://garden.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Corkscrew_Willow_Tree

Thanks, Ron.

When it gets some good treatment I look forward to seeing it. The pics look very nice. It just needs some TLC.

The wood makes nice fire wood. we had one go down last year in a storm.. It was so pretty ...do miss it in the yard

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back