Help with heleborus

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I am ordering some helebours and would like to find out how to propagate them. Cuttings, seeds, do they multiply Or what?????
Thanks in advance for the help.

Jade

Buy the way, I love Helleborus, I don't have any yet, we don't really have much shade so far. We are working on that.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I also love these plants...I do not have any as yet...but they dry so wonderfully when pressed.....keeping their color so well..

Kya D

I have never had these before either but I found them for a killer deal so this will be my first time working with them

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Kya sounds like a good time to be had...post some pic's as you get them going ...always love the pictures :)

Jade

wow, I would say that 2.50 is a fair price. The cheapest that I have seen them this year was 12.99 at Lowes. My fav. garden center has them for up to 22.99. Where did you find this bargain?

Kya D

Aren't they darling and they bloom from December until April.
I will for sure dry some of them if they do well here.

Kya D

I will let you know how this purchase turns out... At first she had only 25 offered now she has 75 offers. I will keep you posted

Kya D

I recieved my plants yesterday
WOW they are huge and beautiful. No wilt, huge roots wonderful plants.. They are over a foot tall. Very good buy for 2.50
I can't wait to see them bloom

Jade

Kya,
I didn't know that Dave's Garden had a market place, I may be in trouble again. I have been shopping for Brugmansias since we had to leave our 7 foot tall one that was our favorite behind in the move, it would have had to share the back seat with the kitties and I don't think that we would have been able to hide him when crossing the border.
I'm so happy that you are happy with your purchase, now I must go shopping too.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com