Herb garden advice..

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I have rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage, borage, st johns wort, dill, cilantro, alfalfa, and sorrel (not sure if this is an herb or some kind of lettuce).

In my herb garden I have rosemary, oregano and thyme all together and they seem to be doing fine. I want to add the rest of the herbs and was wondering if its okay to plant all of these together?

Thanks in advance.

sunflower3

Sorrel is a type of spinach I believe.
In my herb gardeb I have them planted like this:
garlic chives,sage,oregano,onion chives,thyme,parsley,camomile,garlic,celantro. Not sure but I do know some herbs can't be planted by others. I would think as long as they have space to grow in between them they would be just fine,also are they sun loving herbs or shade herbs, that will help with planting to,here is site you might want to check out tells you about planting not sure if it will help you or not.http://garden.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Category:Herb_Garden

Kya D

Watch out with the alfalfa
"Beneath the lush green leaves of an alfalfa plant is a surprisingly large root system. Alfalfa roots grow about 6 feet per year in loose soil. Metabolically active alfalfa roots have been found 60 feet or more below ground level."
Info taken from UM Extension Minnesota

Kya D

Out here they grow alfalfa to cut and bale for hay for cattle and horses.
It is very hardy and has a huge root system you can cut it 3 or more times and it still regrows. That's why it makes for a profittable crop for ranchers/ farmers.
They can get 3 cuttings in north and central utah and 5 cuttings in southern utah
Now what are you using yours for.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com