Hi all!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Yep, I know Johnny Cash. My father in law listens to alot of the older country, so I know a few! I will have to google her(Maybelle) then. I never took to playing any instruments. I tried, but just can't do it! I did learn to play part of Smoke On The Water with a guitar. I find myself in awe at some of the things people can do with a guitar, ect. Both of my kids are interested in instruments. My son joined the band this year. He's learning the trumpet. He has a guitar and an ok keyboard. Wish I could be more help to him!

I took piano lessons and played clarinet in the band growing up but haven't pursued any instruments in my adult years. My youngest daughter is an accomblished trombone player. She played from junior high and could have gotten a scholarship to college but wanted to concentrate on her classes. My eight year old grandson came to my house 2 weeks ago and asked if I would help pay for his piano lessons so I guess he will be starting soon. My 9 year old grandson wants to play an instrument but he lives on the other side of town. I am not sure who his mom could get to teach him but I have asked her to check into it. He has a great voice and wants to be an entertainer when he grows up. I would prefer he start singing in church and taking lessons from someone at my church but it is not left up to me. I feel they will get a solid foundation that way.

I knew who Maybelle Carter was, Gloria. But I'm old enough. I played trumpet through school and still have mine upstairs. I also played bagpipes years ago. I played in a couple of pipe bands. I no longer have my pipes though. I probably have a lot of music Jen would call oldies as I have about 160 gigabytes of music in my music library. About half of that is from the 60's and 70's.

Randy it is always a shocker the first time you hear a song on the radio that was popular when you were in high school referred to as vintage. I know I will never forget lol! It was a Styx song from their Paradise Theater album.

Ouch!

Oh yes, the first instrument I learned was the accordian.

Dora/Garden Goddess

Polka party!!! I'm afraid my accordian got lost when my mom moved from So Cal to Oregon. Darn it, I could have been on Lawrence Welk.

Dora/Garden Goddess

That would have been fun. I like the accordian. It always amazed me though how someone can play using both hands. I never learned to do the polka, yet it looks to be one of the most fun dances there is.

Hey me too...accordian was all I wanted and then got one ...learned to play around on it...and it was because of the Lawrence Welk...which I still love to watch

Ya'll could have a nice little band going here! I don't have the patients or cordination to play. Lol! I love to play around with just about any instrument, but have never been able to learn. My sister in law and father in law are in the choir at church. They both sing wonderfully. Lol, I can't sing either!

Oh my gosh too funny you guys, most folks laugh at me when I admit to having played the accordion :) Where I grew up it was considered poor man's piano lessons. Of all the instruments it was my favorite though. I think it's because I didn't need the whole band to hear the melody lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back