Hi from Florida!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Redfishergurl

Hi everyone! I'm from Southwest Florida, been container gardening for about a year now. I don't have land unfortunately so I feel kind of limited to what I can do....I am also looking into having a native garden. Just wanted to introduce myself and looking forward to learning from all of you!

Welcome aboard! Get those hands and fingernails dirty with us all by jumping on in anytime!! Not having land does have it's limits,but I'm sure you will find many ideas around here about plants,tools,food and well... I admit,we do sorta get off track sometimes,but we always manage to find that path and get back to the way we are set to be...! Enjoy the site here and welcome once again!! :p

Welcome, You have a nice growing season in Florida. Have you tried the earth boxes? they are great for container gardening. YouTube has some great make your self earth boxes.

Redfishgirl so nice to have you here. I didn't have dirt for a few years so I filled my balcony to the max with things. Hubby loved it but complained there wasn't room for him out there.

Hi Redfishergurl! Great to have another Florida gardener and fisher here!
Glad you joined us. Just went red fishing Thursday morning.Cought a limit before 7 am. My all time favorite fish.
I look forward to hearing about both your garden and fish adventures soon.

Thanks everyone!! @klevelyn-I've never heard of earth boxes, Ima look that up right after I get off here. Thanks for the tip! @crabbergirl-I loooove fishing, and redfish obviously tops my list! Where do you fish normally? I'm in the Naples/Marco area and all I fish is backwater.

So what does everybody have in their garden right now? I'm trying my hand at simple flowers right now, marigolds, cosmos, and violas. I have gazinnias that are just about to bloom...I'm so excited for them! My cherry tomato plant is on her way out, the weather is getting a little too warm and they're not producing anymore. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336697146.708896.jpg

welcome to the forum.......I have an ex boss who lives in Ft Myers......he always rubs it in about the warm weather........

Lol always nicer to be hot than too cold.... Still, these summers can be rough between the heat and the bugs. Where are you from?

Hey redfisher,

I fish back water intercoastal waters mostly. We live on the St. John's River but I am not a big fresh water fisher, even though we do have reds, sheepshead and drum in the brakish waters. I love your area for fishing. Lived in Key west for 10 years and fished a lot of back water there. Lots of bone, and tarpon! Love a good fish fight.Do a little off shore too. Can't beat a good day at sea. Tell me a fish story!

Check out http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3126&page=41 this thread here on the forum. You can scroll through the pages and see pictures of gardens members have posted. The thread is long so I just started with a recent posting I made.

Hi Dipty!
Welcome.
You can start your own thread under "welcome to the forum". we would love to get to know you better ;)

Hello and welcome here me also new to this forum like you. ...
I am Smith from Australia and it's first time to take part any discussion....
My friend tell me about that discussion board and after his suggestion i join this forum...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back