Holy Smoke

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Kya D

Well I was smart enough to get the pic into a public album but now I don't know how to attatch it to my post. Please help.
I sure hope this works cuz DH and saw this wonderful site on our way home yesterday.
This precious baby was only about 24 hours old and not well bonded with her mom.
This is Mama and baby

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Kya,

You're not going to believe this, but I'm not real familiar with the public album stuff. I don't know exactly how that works, or what it is supposed to do. It's a new feature with the forum, and I haven't done anything with it.

At the moment, probably the best thing to do is to post a link to that page, like this: http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=43&pictureid=449

Now for the good news. In a couple of weeks we'll have a much better way to post photos. I'm just finishing up my taxes, and once that's done I'm going to work on the fourm upgrades. One of the first improvements will be a photo gallery, like this one: http://www.pnwphotos.com/gallery/

That will make uploading and viewing images much easier, and I think folks are going to like it. I've had that one online for about a month, and I've got it fine tuned the way I like it. So it should be fairly easy to use the same settings for this forum's gallery.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Kya ...I don;t think you can post here in a thread from the public album,,,but it is easy to upload right from your computer.....
Click on Repley to Post...and then scroll down to
manage attchments...
then browse...then click on pic you want to up load on your computer then open...then upload...then post once it is up loaded..

and here is your picture

Attachments

Kya D

I guess I should have mentioned that these are mustangs they roam out here about 20 miles SW of our house.
They never cease to thrill me every time I see them. But that day we both had our cameras.

Spider_Lily

Thank,s for sharing Kyra I love horse,s.I had a Mustang once but she was just a little to much.Sold her to a neighbor she made a nice horse he trail rides her and take,s her to fundays.She just needed someone to ride her.That was 5 yrs ago he still has her.She,s a beautiful bay.

An alternative for pictures is to open a free account at a photo hosting site like photobucket, Picasa, or Flickr. Load your pictures there, and put the image code in your posts like so

And Voilà! Une moisson magnifique!

Kya D

When she grows up she will be the same color as her mama. The color is called gruella.
It is such a treat to see them I just never tire of seeing them.

Maggie

I love horses and those two mustangs are beautiful. I live next to a wildhorse farm that does adoptions for the government.

Maggie

Its really not that exciting. You don't see them roaming around in the field, they are keep in pens at all times. Every so often they hold adoption day (that's what I call it) and in july of every year there is an event where the adoptees will bring the horses back to show how they have trained them. It's pretty interesting but awfully hot here in july. It's a day that you can enjoy with your family if you can stand the heat.

Wow, Dawn! I've never seen a mustang, let alone a wild one!!!!!!!!! That's amazing. They probably don't take too well to having people try to pet them!!!!!!! I just love horses, but I'm not sure I'd ever be brave enough ride one!

Kya D

I have owned horses all of my life. I love them and enjoy my time with them.
This was a real blessing to see this one, the baby was so young ( I would guess only 12 hours old) that she just held the herd back and they wouldn't leave her so we got close without chasing them and it was such a thrill. There was about 16 or so in the band we saw. A couple of the mares were so pregnant and there were 3 new little ones.
These horses are so close to the house that we can go out and see them quite often.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a family calendar made this year and the first picture (January) was of our two horses. Duke is in the lead and he is part mustang. Dusty is following and unfortunately is gone now. She was almost 30 years old and Fiona had to have her euthanized to put her out of her misery. She was a sweet mare though and when she came to live with us, it was the first time I had ever seen a horse grin. Duke was beside himself and he was one happy gelding.

Attachments

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com