Hootie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hootie has fell out of the nest again:eek:

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 014.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 014.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 303
  • MOMS FLOWERS 016.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 016.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 315
  • MOMS FLOWERS 019.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 019.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 302
  • MOMS FLOWERS 015.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 015.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 300
oh poor little thing..I hope you can get him back in the nest again an the mom will still take him. He is a wonderful looking creature. Just beautiful!
Did he get hurt falling so far? Maybe you should find a wildlife rehab place instead of putting him back in the nest..they will care for him and he will be safe from futrue falls that may kill him.
RR

Last edited by a moderator:
More pictures we put Hootie back and he came out again.I guess its learning to fly like a rock.

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 020.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 020.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 298
  • MOMS FLOWERS 021.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 021.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 299
  • MOMS FLOWERS 022.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 022.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 300
  • MOMS FLOWERS 023.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 023.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 304
Wow and you thought it was the same hootie...hehehe:) they got you going good there Spider:D Sounds like they are up to flying lessons for sure. Hope they all make it. What a wonderful experience!

RR

I saw one of the little hoot's this afternoon.And Mom's out in the old tree tonight.Hoot Hooting again.She just sit's and watches your every move.:)

That's cool. I know we have them around but I haven't heard one of them for awhile. Have you ever heard one of them fly by in the dark, Spider? It's such a soft sound and barely audible.

Glad that you are keeping your eyes out for the little gaffers, mom must know that you are helping them out. I think that it is very cool what you are doing for the little ones.

That's cool. I know we have them around but I haven't heard one of them for awhile. Have you ever heard one of them fly by in the dark, Spider? It's such a soft sound and barely audible.

Yes Randy I went out at 4.30 am last week with my dog she had to go bad she said.LOL We walked out under the security light.She came right by me.I didn't know what it was at first.Kinda scarey:eek: out in the dark.By yourself.:)

It would be a little spooky if you didn't know what it was. But it is one of those things that is just great to hear when you recognize it. If the sky is clear and backlit with stars you might even get a glimpse of movement.

The little Hootie's are grownup and moved on.I see them from time to time.I hear them most every night hoot hooting.LOL

I love it. It is good to know that they lived through that are are carrying on as they should. I sure like hearing the owls when I can.

Yes Randy I went out at 4.30 am last week with my dog she had to go bad she said.LOL We walked out under the security light.She came right by me.I didn't know what it was at first.Kinda scarey:eek: out in the dark.By yourself.:)

I am laughing ( now anyway not then ), I don't know if you guys remember in Feb of 08 I was out going to :rolleyes: ( yes of all places ) wal mart at 4 in the morning when something came crashing throught the woods:eek: ( bear) and I took off running in the dark. I crashed over a knee high planter:confused: :eek:( like I didn't know it was in my yard) and fell hitting a concrete raised pad and cracked my jaw (chin) and cheek bone:(:eek:. I was in bad shape for a few months So PLEEEAAASSSEEEE be careful on your night time trips. Well lets call the excursions not trips;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back