Hot Peppers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GrowLightGuy

Most of these were started in January. Off to a great start. Habs, Ghost, Brain Strain and Trinidad Scorpion.

IMAG0033_zps065f64e8.jpg

Wow you're pushing the HOT stuff.

For a few years I was putting Dave's Insanity sauce on almost everything but it's been years since then. Two years ago I did a bunch of jalapenos - 6 or 8 plants worth - and pickled them. That turned out really well both to not waste a lot of peppers and as a great snack during the winter.

This year I'm doing Havasu (F1) from Johnny's.

Wow you're pushing the HOT stuff.

For a few years I was putting Dave's Insanity sauce on almost everything but it's been years since then. Two years ago I did a bunch of jalapenos - 6 or 8 plants worth - and pickled them. That turned out really well both to not waste a lot of peppers and as a great snack during the winter.

This year I'm doing Havasu (F1) from Johnny's.

I wind up giving a lot of them away. As hot as these things are someone always has a friend of a friend that thinks they can handle the heat. lol :)

I wanted to share a temporary greenhouse method I used last year for my peppers that worked really well. I put plastic over my pepper starts when I transplanted them last year and left them covered for about 6 weeks to give them a strong start. It was our best year ever for peppers so we did it again this year and I took photos to share in case anyone wants to try it for themselves :)

here is the before pic with plastic, sticks, plastic bottles, wood, and rocks.
001_zpse8cdaf87.jpg

here is sticks in the ground pointing out of the grow bed with plastic bottles to protect the plastic.
017_zps9ba3ea9a.jpg

finally here it is with plastic over it weighted down with heavy objects and open for a photo op :p
019_zpsa458dcca.jpg

Brilliant! Love it. :)

I wanted to share a temporary greenhouse method I used last year for my peppers that worked really well. I put plastic over my pepper starts when I transplanted them last year and left them covered for about 6 weeks to give them a strong start. It was our best year ever for peppers so we did it again this year and I took photos to share in case anyone wants to try it for themselves :)

here is the before pic with plastic, sticks, plastic bottles, wood, and rocks.
001_zpse8cdaf87.jpg

here is sticks in the ground pointing out of the grow bed with plastic bottles to protect the plastic.
017_zps9ba3ea9a.jpg

finally here it is with plastic over it weighted down with heavy objects and open for a photo op :p
019_zpsa458dcca.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back