How do you support your squash?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PhyllisAR

I am growing several types of squash this year - Zucchini, cupcake and an ornamental (one of each in my small space is good enough). I grew with great success last year birdcage squash, but I had them trailing all over my chain link fence and I don't know if I really want to do it that way again because it's quite messy . I have a few trellises’ and I think I’m going to go in that direction. This year I plan on just planting my veggies in 6 raised garden beds I have (the four in the middle and two on the left side by the greenhouse I think that's where the squash will go The rest are going to be all flowers, some evergreen shrub’s and plenty of perennial’s.
greenhouse11.png

greenhouse12.png

And OMG look at this picture – I would love to do that, it’s awesome!

gourds.jpg

PhyllisAR

Actually now I'm thinking that I may have my husband make me some sort of frame over the bed where they could climb over and hang down like that - any ideas, I want something like this for sure!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a wonderful set up Phyllis!
Love the raised beds and your dream of trellises draped in gourds!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually now I'm thinking that I may have my husband make me some sort of frame over the bed where they could climb over and hang down like that - any ideas, I want something like this for sure!
This photo was posted on Facebook and everyone fell in love with the idea of doing this!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com