How many pea and bush plants per person?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I have a family of 3 and I have about 9 pea plants and 5 bush bean plants. I was wondering if this will be enough for a harvest.

I have read some ridiculous things about plants per person on the internet. One suggests 45 plants for a family of 3, and another suggest 7 eggplants. And we all know how many eggplants just one plant produces! And we aren't going to be eating this peas and beans everynight, let alone every week.

Does anyone have experience growing peas and beans?

I never counted plants, Kallie. But I always planted far more than I needed too. My bean rows were 42 feet long and I had three of them. They were pole beans too and besides what my family used, I gave away 55 gallons of green beans. I planted the beans about 2" apart in the row. But my guess would be that 12 feet of a row would be enough for our family of seven. That would be 288 seeds.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back