How old is Grandma

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

Omg! How did people live without tv's or pc's? $600 for a car?? Wow! I wish gas was 11 cents a gallon now. That's crazy cheap! How much did a house cost? Btw, "grass" shoulda stayed just grass. I almost tried that once but no way. I saw videos about what happens to people who do that.
Thanks for all the info. :) I was learning a lot from my great grandad but he got Altzheimers and has to live in a rest home now. :( He's 87.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
The tubes required pretty high voltages in order to operate and that meant large heavy transformers, several of them all in the same cabinet. Those dudes were heavy. Our first TV was a used one we bought in about 1958.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com