Howdy from wintery Michigan

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Papa2mykids

Hi gang,

Some of you may know me from my newsletter.

However, a short introduction.

My passions are nature and gardening.

I'm a Michigan Certified Nurseryman, Wildlife Habitat naturalist and National Master Naturalist.

I don't know everything, but I love to learn so I hope we can learn from each other and have some fun.

Not sure how often I can hop on.

Thank you Laurie for directing me here.

Ron P
www.gardening-for-wildlife.com

swindy

HI Ron Pappa I think I am on your newsletter list And if I'm not mistaken I met you on the other forum. Glad to see you here

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Ron
Glad you was able to join us. Know you are busy. Will look forward to chatting with once you slow down. I've got to get to bed, got to be to work @ 7am and have been out on workers comp for 7 weeks so it's my first day back. I wanted to saw welcome to you before I went to bed. Welcome and hope to see you around the forum.

Scarez

Hi Ron!! I remember you too, and man oh man have I ever missed your newsletters!

I'm headed there right now to sign up again!!

Whoo Hoo, so good to see you here :D

Jules

Welcome Papa Ron...nice to "see" you! Glad you found us and look forward to your gardening expertise!

Whit1

Hello Ron!

I up the Big Pond from you in Manistee County.

I took a look at your website and biography and see that you were born near Dorr, MI. My mother was born on a farm just east of North Dorr. It was her grandparent's (Weidenfeller). We had an uncle and aunt that lived about a 1/4 south of the corner that makes up North Dorr and visited them quite a bit when I was a kid growing up in G.R.

Last edited:
M

Mari-Jo

Welcome Ron!! So good to see you, and sure enjoy your newsletters.....they are great!
Maribeth.....:)

Papa2mykids

Whit1,

I grew up on 144th st about 1/2 mile east of 17th street. I know exactly where you are talking about. North Dorr, The Catholic churcc there.... I can't think of the name of the pub.

I have a friend that worked the Oaks (state prison) in Manistee. I would get up ther a couple times a year (been about 12 years or longer by now).

I'm sure they finished the boardwalk.

Ron
www.gardening-for-wildlife.com

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com