HR 875 The food police

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Kya D

Leave it to the government to try to control everything. Including our own gardens.
I guess our state reps and congressman are the ones to contact.

Contact your congressmen and senators right now!!

Remember what Kissinger said..."Control oil and you control the nations, control food and you control the people". Henry Kissinger, 1974

K

Kale

oh my goodness, what are they going to think of next!!!
They have thought of it already, just takes time for it to be digested and accepted...

Here is what I found..

Organic Gardening and FARMING!
SORRY for the alarm but if this is true!
Still searching ....
but I NEED HELP!
Is this another overnight scheme?

I found a site stating it isn't true but I do not believe "them" for a sec.

LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND TODAY!!
Still search the truthfulness...

Hello My Friends,

Recently I heard a story that city officials in Tulsa Oklahoma were drafting legislation that would outlaw and criminalize backyard gardening. I thought this was preposterous, so I decided to check into it myself. Unfortunately what I found was even more disturbing and disheartening.
Currently there are two bills, one in the house HR875, and one in the Senate S425, that would outlaw and criminalize organic farming and backyard gardening.
These bills are sponsored by corporate farming conglomerates, chemical corps, and GMO seed producers such as Monsanto, ADM, Cargyle, and several others.
Please spread the word and do what you can to oppose these bills. Call your friends, fellow gardeners, congressmen, and senators. We have less than two weeks before they vote on this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zP2teJMuCs

http://forums.organicgardening.com/e...1/m/4141092306

There is plenty more... only this is about Organic Gardening and the foods we eat... "Control food, control people".
The Old Man In The Cave Episode127 1963 Twilight Zone.
***Reality & Factual, ***Look Outside The USA...***

Kale

Kale & Blue, I am still doing some research too. I panicked when I saw this! I have a call out to family member in congress to see what he says and how it is being interpreted. As soon as I hear something I will let you all know. Premise is geared to so called food safety but:

"The definition of PROCESS is ambiguous; for purposes of the Act, it can be argued that simply growing food could be interpreted as "manufacturing" it, and chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing, cutting, (and otherwise handling), and cooking the food could be construed as "preparation".

One valid definition of FOOD ESTABLISHMENT, as defined by the Act, would be, “a facility owned or operated by a person located in any State that processes food or holds or stores food”. While "food production facility", as a term, is defined, "facility" is not; this could be interpreted as meaning your house!

Given the above, anyone’s home garden, or a couple of chickens in the back yard, could be construed as a Category 1, 2, 3 or 4 Food Establishment."

Went to the website and now it is down due to overload probably. Will pop in as soon as I hear from cuz.

"GovTrack.us is currently having some down time. Either the website is undergoing maintenance, or the site was shut down because of an error or high load.

Please try reloading the page in just a few moments.

If the problem persists, please bookmark this page and return in a few hours. Thanks for visiting!"

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com