I am just thrilled!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

R

RiverRock

I was looking at my Asperagus fern today because it has has a new stem growing on it for the last week or so. I repotted this about a month ago or so and it immediatly started to improve an grow more. Well as i was looking at the new stem I was very suprised at what I saw. I hope you can see it in the picture, there are dozens of tiny flower buds! This is the only stem on the plant with flower buds right now. I have seen it flower before bt never with so many buds on a single stem! I will take a follow up pic when it is in bloom in few days:D

Attachments

Bernie

I've had one for years but it's never bloomed for me. What do you do for it RR. Mine is healthy and has always been nice and green. I usually repot it every other year or so in the spring when I take it out to spend the spring and summer on the deck.
TFS and I look forward seeing it in bloom.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats! Mine is an outside plant and is just now putting on new growth. I need to repot it and add some compost then it will bloom in a few months. I just hate the thorns.

R

RiverRock

This particular one is a foxtail asperagus fern...it doesnt have any thorns, come to think of it my other asperagus fern doesnt either that I know of..lol Hmm, I will have to look close and see. I cant wait to see this bloom. My other one bloomed during the winter and was so neat to look at, the blooms are sooooooo tiny and cute:D

RR

I can't wait for mine to bloom. I divided the one from my aunt's house (see died almost a year ago) and it defied the odds,taking to life in a pot in my living room. It is the florist's type. I sooo understand your delight RR.

Wow! I'm not much of a fern grower, I deal mainly in Pothos but this one looks beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kale

I sure can see those buds!
Congratulations!!
Isn't that so delicate and pretty!
I tried bringing several in I kill them I just loose track of them in that corner. Only spot for them:(

But...Just seeing yours has made me feel better..very very pretty!

Kale:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com