I didn't fall off the earth!! :-)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PRH

Been awhile since I was here and said hello to everyone. I've been a busy bee with alot of several things and sorta got abit behind on enjoying the internet. Let's see where I shall start here ( dang, it has been awhile ).... I have now been able too get outside and play in the dirt alot better and doing some odds & ends work for some of my neighbours ( also outside there ) in between my regular job I have. Anette ( remember me telling ya alittle bit about her ) , I'm still with that woman and we have been planning a Wedding sometime this Fall. Her and I made time to hold a garage sale recently ( she loved that -- as they don't have many of them around back in her neck of the world ( Denmark ). She seems to enjoy it over here and picked - up alittle job part-time as a secretary of sorts for a hospital here in town. I made a eye exam afew weeks ago and got new glasses ( still working on getting adjusted to them ) * I might need to get in touch with my doctor soon about them to see if they are the correct perscription there if it does not clear better * In between all of that, I turned a year older and wiser there since I last was here. ( Afew days after that,my niece did that too ) Currently,Anette's on her way home from work ,so I had best be going for now and crack up my lawn tractor before it rains here. ( sure does look as though it will be raining out there soon --- it is warm out though ( lower 70's ) I have the day off work ( but not around here --- just no paycheck for working here sorta thing ) :) Just thought I'd stop in and say Hello --- hope everyone's doing well and they have a wonderful week too! I will be around better ( not so long of a stretch in between ---- can't believe I went so long there :eek: Take care and I will try that advice too,it sounds pretty awesome ( honest ) * Will give Anette your best too! *:D:)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil! Nice to hear from you! It has been a long....longer then usual absence.... glad you and Anette are doing well!
Good to hear from you!

PRH

Hi all - Been a busy bee in the Hazy ,Hot,Humid,Muggy and very dry weather were having in this part of Ohio. Anette and I decided to clean out the house ( I mean all of it ) and put it on the market to sell. We had a huge garage sale back in May and that helped out alot there. ( I could see me doing that in this heat --- I would have rocks in my head ) :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure we will have a moving sale once the house is sold. We are looking at some condos currently,I like where I am and all ,but the mind says "I still can do all I want " and then the body says " Who ya kidding dude ! " :) ( Anette bless her heart,tells me that she is looking out for me that way too ) Inbetween getting the house up for sale,my favorite Aunt passed away ( her and I go way back --- lotta years ) She was sick for along time and it got the best of her. Then my mother wanted to start getting her house in order with her life . She did not have a will or anything so , Anette,myself and my sisters all got together with mom and helped her there. ( it's not all done,she could only take baby steps there --but we're not stopping till it's complete ! Alot of things have been going on,shortly after my aunt died,we had a family reunion ( that was awesome there and many got to visit with Anette for the first time too ):p Thanks for the waves Hi Ron and Woodstock -- been alittle bit since ya waved,but I just saw them here so I'm waving back atya both. * WAVES * Anette is doing well and seeming to love the U.S. or loving it cause I am here ( ok,both perhaps ):p:):cool: Will try and get back alittle sooner and share a wave with ya all --- just been a busy bee with things in life and I'm sure it will calm down soon ( I need to catch a breath or so .... ):D Take care all and I will try that same advice too ( it sounds pretty amazing there ,honest .... ) :)

woodstock

Hi Phil, nice to see you appear. its been a long time. I hear about downsizing and making life a little easier for you. I did that about 5 yrs ago. I have a townhouse and it still has a small garden I can play in but the lawn. snow exc. is left to someone else to do. it was a hard move for me, but I managed to get settled and enjoy my freeier time. I hope you find something nice for you and annette.

take care and do pop up once in a while.
woodstock

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil!
:D
Always nice to hear from you!
As usual, you are very busy! That can be said of all of us as life carries us onwards!
Put in a garden here at the apartment and it is doing well, just wish for rain,.... getting tired of hauling water. Haven't had much rain since......March!:(
The lake property sold and I now have money I can play with, and invest....so glad it finally sold! Now it is over with and I can move on! I do miss the lake view and the gardens, but now someone else can enjoy it as much as I did!!
Say hi to Annette, and don't be such a stranger!
Keep on trucking!

PRH

*** Waves hi back!! *** :cool: Sounds like ya both have been alittle busy too. < Woodstock > - we looked at afew townhouse's as well and glad ya like where your at. About 5 yrs. ago for ya,- glad ya are feeling like it's "home" for ya! :) ( yes,moving will be a hard move for me too,I have lived in the house I'm in for over 25 years now and have alot of memories to back up those yrs too. ) I'm in my early 50's now - wow,that was a pipe dream when I was 5 yrs. of age and here I am!!!:eek::eek::eek::) Knowing ya as I do on here,you would have a garden of somekind!:p < Ron > - Yea,I have been a busy guy ( usual ,as ya say ):) Would like to find alittle more time for myself --- just alittle bit!! :):) I remember back when ya moved and I'm sure that ya miss the lake view and the gardens --- but,I like your attitude by saying someone else can enjoy it as much as you did! < that's really the only way to look at that there > Of course the money ya got there will help out for ya! :D:D:cool: And knowing ya as I do on here,ya can't help but have somekind of a garden! :p ( I know about the rain thing ,we are in need of rain too ) --Take care guys and I'll do my best to not be such a stranger on here and my keyboard too!! :p:cool::D:p:) Have a Great week!!

PRH

Waves - Been quite sometime for me to type here and so much has taken place since I last typed as well. Where shall I start first?? Ahhhaaa yea, I sold my home I talked of doing and have now moved into a smaller condo with a full size basement to boot! ( it's out in the country and currently it's really,really cold with lots of snow on the ground ) -- it's a pretty area though and right across my street is a farm ( barn and all there folks ):) I have a nice big yard here but ,I no need to take care of it at all ( snow either except for my walkway ) I do have alittle garage ( no garage door but it's a shelter for my car ) Still getting use to my place,it's alot different then what I have been use too and yes,I'm still finding somethings I packed yet too! :) ( been here now 2 weeks this upcoming Saturday ) - Anette liked this place too - * moving is not as easy as it looks - more things ya need to get done then ya once did - that's for sure! * < I did find time to put the Christmas tree up though! > Before I moved,Anette and I went too Denmark for afew weeks - she has some friends there she wanted to visit and during that stay in Denmark,she told me that she wanted to stay alittle longer and would comeback in afew months . ( so,she should be back home soon to find we moved into another place -- I have been in contact with her though and she said that she will be back by Christmas );) Have too much to list here on all the things I have been upto doing. I just thought it would be nice to just say hello to everyone once again and apologize for being away so long of a time . ( life got busy with me ,I believe -- sorta a normal event with me anymore ):eek: Will let ya know when Anette is home safe and sound! - Take care and have a fun season too!! -

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! You've been busy!
Moving is not fun at all...it is a lot of work!
For me, I'm just hibernating until spring comes back around....planning out what I will be growing in the new gardens where I now live....Been lazy, and should post photos of the gardens!
All decorated for Christmas.....

Hoping you and Anette have a wonderful Christmas in your new home!!

PRH

Thank You,Ron !! ( your not lazy,it's just the Winter season upon us now ) Yes,I have been a busy bee for awhile and on my way to get Anette from the airport tomorrow and bring her home to a new place!:) ( I don't know if she will like some of the ways I packed or not but.... we're here in this place now.... ) :cool: < I placed all her boxes in a room and her cloths on hangers ,I hung up in acouple closets all her own so that should help some there.... > :D:p - moving?? I don't want to hear that for awhile again,it was alot of work as you stated! - Hope ya have a very Wonderful Merry Christmas and may the New Year that follows be nothing but the best for us all!!! TC,my friend and I should be around on/off alittle more now too!! :):cool::p:D:)

woodstock

Hi Phil good luck with the new place. moving is always a big pain but soon you and annette will be all settled in and happy. it was hard for me to go from a house into a townhouse but the townhouse is actually bigger than my house was so lots of closets and others to do shoveling and lawn. thats always a plus. winter is here now and we had some snow, two small storms each with 5 inches which is plenty for me to deal with.
have a wonderful xmas and a very happy blessed new year! come back soon.

PRH

Thanks so much guys !! We had a very nice Christmas and looking now to a Wonderful New Year for us all too! Trust you both had a very nice Christmas as well. woodstock - moving is a big pain ,but now we can sorta take our time with arranging things as the hard work is finally done! ( sometimes,I have moments where I wish I never did this event -- but I hope they will soon fade away as I move forwards with this new place ) Not mowing this yard is a plus ( but I do mowing in the summer for others as a part - time job of sorts ) I stored my lawn equipt over at a neighbors place at my old place for the winter as I cannot do that here very well. ( that was nice there of him ) Shoveling is a big plus too ,as I hate removing snow! I have alot of perks here,it's just I'm not use to it all yet,but will be in time - hopefully!:confused: Anette,sure is a trooper though and tells me to think of the positive side of things and if I do find myself uncomfortable here,we can look for another place! :eek::p:):cool: ( the thought of moving again there, I don't know .... ):confused::eek: Take care all.... - Phil -

PRH

Hi all -
Just thought I'd swing around! ( it's been quite sometime since I was here too ) First off, I moved to The Villages in Florida and when I moved here, I started alittle business of my very own cleaning ,washing. and waxing Golf Carts ( there is no shortage of carts around here ) :) I worked that up till this month as I now plan to move from here back to where I was ( Ohio ) at the end of this month. I learned a lot in The Villages of Florida and it's ok but,it's not for me at all to make it 'Home' - but,I did give it a try for a year and I am happy that I done that !! :). * Sadly,Anette and I are separated for awhile ( she did not like me working as much as I did here in Florida and she has friends back in Denmark that she misses ( and I understood that ) We are in touch with each other though and I am sure that once I get back to Ohio,we will reunite again!
I bought a car here off my brother in-law,but it has very high milage. ( I sold mine before I moved to Florida )
People here in general are friendly but,I ran into some jerks ( those are everywhere ya go though --- sadly ). I sold a Golf Cart I had here,Golf Carts here are nothing like the golf carts I ever saw before. Some are what they classify as Street Legal ( meaning they can be driven on the streets or the golf cart paths around ), some have air condition, cruise control, am/fm CD players ,a GPS unit ( ya need one of those here for sure when driving as theVillages are so HUGE and they all almost look the same as the other ). The Villages have 3 postal mailing zip codes and The Villages are growing even as I speak ( type ) :) here! There plan is to make a Golf cart bridge over the Florida interstate so ya can get to Disney. World here!! ( not kidding --- that is in the works ,folks )
So ,some may be reading this and say why would you want to leave??? I don't hate the Villages but I'm not in love with them either! It's just not for me!! ( those pictures of The Villages look so nice that ya see sometimes eh?? Those people don't stay here year round ,folks :) ( after living here for a year ,I know it's not my lifestyle in anyway ,shape or form ) Maybe that will change in a few years from now ,I don't know :)
So,I'm packing and getting ready to move back to Ohio here in a few days from now -- I just thought I would take alittle time out to say Hello plus let ya know that I'm still alive too ! Trust everyone has been well and all! * yes,I sold my lawn business before moving here too,I really have no idea what I will be doing right away ---- I have somethings though that I will be looking into 4 sure and I'm sure something will come from them! :). I will fill ya in over that next time I get here ( I should be in Ohio there if all goes right ). Have a wonderful rest of the week ,all......:cool::D:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com