I didn't fall off the earth!! :-)

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PRH

Been awhile since I was here and said hello to everyone. I've been a busy bee with alot of several things and sorta got abit behind on enjoying the internet. Let's see where I shall start here ( dang, it has been awhile ).... I have now been able too get outside and play in the dirt alot better and doing some odds & ends work for some of my neighbours ( also outside there ) in between my regular job I have. Anette ( remember me telling ya alittle bit about her ) , I'm still with that woman and we have been planning a Wedding sometime this Fall. Her and I made time to hold a garage sale recently ( she loved that -- as they don't have many of them around back in her neck of the world ( Denmark ). She seems to enjoy it over here and picked - up alittle job part-time as a secretary of sorts for a hospital here in town. I made a eye exam afew weeks ago and got new glasses ( still working on getting adjusted to them ) * I might need to get in touch with my doctor soon about them to see if they are the correct perscription there if it does not clear better * In between all of that, I turned a year older and wiser there since I last was here. ( Afew days after that,my niece did that too ) Currently,Anette's on her way home from work ,so I had best be going for now and crack up my lawn tractor before it rains here. ( sure does look as though it will be raining out there soon --- it is warm out though ( lower 70's ) I have the day off work ( but not around here --- just no paycheck for working here sorta thing ) :) Just thought I'd stop in and say Hello --- hope everyone's doing well and they have a wonderful week too! I will be around better ( not so long of a stretch in between ---- can't believe I went so long there :eek: Take care and I will try that advice too,it sounds pretty awesome ( honest ) * Will give Anette your best too! *:D:)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil! Nice to hear from you! It has been a long....longer then usual absence.... glad you and Anette are doing well!
Good to hear from you!

PRH

Hi all - Been a busy bee in the Hazy ,Hot,Humid,Muggy and very dry weather were having in this part of Ohio. Anette and I decided to clean out the house ( I mean all of it ) and put it on the market to sell. We had a huge garage sale back in May and that helped out alot there. ( I could see me doing that in this heat --- I would have rocks in my head ) :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure we will have a moving sale once the house is sold. We are looking at some condos currently,I like where I am and all ,but the mind says "I still can do all I want " and then the body says " Who ya kidding dude ! " :) ( Anette bless her heart,tells me that she is looking out for me that way too ) Inbetween getting the house up for sale,my favorite Aunt passed away ( her and I go way back --- lotta years ) She was sick for along time and it got the best of her. Then my mother wanted to start getting her house in order with her life . She did not have a will or anything so , Anette,myself and my sisters all got together with mom and helped her there. ( it's not all done,she could only take baby steps there --but we're not stopping till it's complete ! Alot of things have been going on,shortly after my aunt died,we had a family reunion ( that was awesome there and many got to visit with Anette for the first time too ):p Thanks for the waves Hi Ron and Woodstock -- been alittle bit since ya waved,but I just saw them here so I'm waving back atya both. * WAVES * Anette is doing well and seeming to love the U.S. or loving it cause I am here ( ok,both perhaps ):p:):cool: Will try and get back alittle sooner and share a wave with ya all --- just been a busy bee with things in life and I'm sure it will calm down soon ( I need to catch a breath or so .... ):D Take care all and I will try that same advice too ( it sounds pretty amazing there ,honest .... ) :)

woodstock

Hi Phil, nice to see you appear. its been a long time. I hear about downsizing and making life a little easier for you. I did that about 5 yrs ago. I have a townhouse and it still has a small garden I can play in but the lawn. snow exc. is left to someone else to do. it was a hard move for me, but I managed to get settled and enjoy my freeier time. I hope you find something nice for you and annette.

take care and do pop up once in a while.
woodstock

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil!
:D
Always nice to hear from you!
As usual, you are very busy! That can be said of all of us as life carries us onwards!
Put in a garden here at the apartment and it is doing well, just wish for rain,.... getting tired of hauling water. Haven't had much rain since......March!:(
The lake property sold and I now have money I can play with, and invest....so glad it finally sold! Now it is over with and I can move on! I do miss the lake view and the gardens, but now someone else can enjoy it as much as I did!!
Say hi to Annette, and don't be such a stranger!
Keep on trucking!

PRH

*** Waves hi back!! *** :cool: Sounds like ya both have been alittle busy too. < Woodstock > - we looked at afew townhouse's as well and glad ya like where your at. About 5 yrs. ago for ya,- glad ya are feeling like it's "home" for ya! :) ( yes,moving will be a hard move for me too,I have lived in the house I'm in for over 25 years now and have alot of memories to back up those yrs too. ) I'm in my early 50's now - wow,that was a pipe dream when I was 5 yrs. of age and here I am!!!:eek::eek::eek::) Knowing ya as I do on here,you would have a garden of somekind!:p < Ron > - Yea,I have been a busy guy ( usual ,as ya say ):) Would like to find alittle more time for myself --- just alittle bit!! :):) I remember back when ya moved and I'm sure that ya miss the lake view and the gardens --- but,I like your attitude by saying someone else can enjoy it as much as you did! < that's really the only way to look at that there > Of course the money ya got there will help out for ya! :D:D:cool: And knowing ya as I do on here,ya can't help but have somekind of a garden! :p ( I know about the rain thing ,we are in need of rain too ) --Take care guys and I'll do my best to not be such a stranger on here and my keyboard too!! :p:cool::D:p:) Have a Great week!!

PRH

Waves - Been quite sometime for me to type here and so much has taken place since I last typed as well. Where shall I start first?? Ahhhaaa yea, I sold my home I talked of doing and have now moved into a smaller condo with a full size basement to boot! ( it's out in the country and currently it's really,really cold with lots of snow on the ground ) -- it's a pretty area though and right across my street is a farm ( barn and all there folks ):) I have a nice big yard here but ,I no need to take care of it at all ( snow either except for my walkway ) I do have alittle garage ( no garage door but it's a shelter for my car ) Still getting use to my place,it's alot different then what I have been use too and yes,I'm still finding somethings I packed yet too! :) ( been here now 2 weeks this upcoming Saturday ) - Anette liked this place too - * moving is not as easy as it looks - more things ya need to get done then ya once did - that's for sure! * < I did find time to put the Christmas tree up though! > Before I moved,Anette and I went too Denmark for afew weeks - she has some friends there she wanted to visit and during that stay in Denmark,she told me that she wanted to stay alittle longer and would comeback in afew months . ( so,she should be back home soon to find we moved into another place -- I have been in contact with her though and she said that she will be back by Christmas );) Have too much to list here on all the things I have been upto doing. I just thought it would be nice to just say hello to everyone once again and apologize for being away so long of a time . ( life got busy with me ,I believe -- sorta a normal event with me anymore ):eek: Will let ya know when Anette is home safe and sound! - Take care and have a fun season too!! -

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! You've been busy!
Moving is not fun at all...it is a lot of work!
For me, I'm just hibernating until spring comes back around....planning out what I will be growing in the new gardens where I now live....Been lazy, and should post photos of the gardens!
All decorated for Christmas.....

Hoping you and Anette have a wonderful Christmas in your new home!!

PRH

Thank You,Ron !! ( your not lazy,it's just the Winter season upon us now ) Yes,I have been a busy bee for awhile and on my way to get Anette from the airport tomorrow and bring her home to a new place!:) ( I don't know if she will like some of the ways I packed or not but.... we're here in this place now.... ) :cool: < I placed all her boxes in a room and her cloths on hangers ,I hung up in acouple closets all her own so that should help some there.... > :D:p - moving?? I don't want to hear that for awhile again,it was alot of work as you stated! - Hope ya have a very Wonderful Merry Christmas and may the New Year that follows be nothing but the best for us all!!! TC,my friend and I should be around on/off alittle more now too!! :):cool::p:D:)

woodstock

Hi Phil good luck with the new place. moving is always a big pain but soon you and annette will be all settled in and happy. it was hard for me to go from a house into a townhouse but the townhouse is actually bigger than my house was so lots of closets and others to do shoveling and lawn. thats always a plus. winter is here now and we had some snow, two small storms each with 5 inches which is plenty for me to deal with.
have a wonderful xmas and a very happy blessed new year! come back soon.

PRH

Thanks so much guys !! We had a very nice Christmas and looking now to a Wonderful New Year for us all too! Trust you both had a very nice Christmas as well. woodstock - moving is a big pain ,but now we can sorta take our time with arranging things as the hard work is finally done! ( sometimes,I have moments where I wish I never did this event -- but I hope they will soon fade away as I move forwards with this new place ) Not mowing this yard is a plus ( but I do mowing in the summer for others as a part - time job of sorts ) I stored my lawn equipt over at a neighbors place at my old place for the winter as I cannot do that here very well. ( that was nice there of him ) Shoveling is a big plus too ,as I hate removing snow! I have alot of perks here,it's just I'm not use to it all yet,but will be in time - hopefully!:confused: Anette,sure is a trooper though and tells me to think of the positive side of things and if I do find myself uncomfortable here,we can look for another place! :eek::p:):cool: ( the thought of moving again there, I don't know .... ):confused::eek: Take care all.... - Phil -

PRH

Hi all -
Just thought I'd swing around! ( it's been quite sometime since I was here too ) First off, I moved to The Villages in Florida and when I moved here, I started alittle business of my very own cleaning ,washing. and waxing Golf Carts ( there is no shortage of carts around here ) :) I worked that up till this month as I now plan to move from here back to where I was ( Ohio ) at the end of this month. I learned a lot in The Villages of Florida and it's ok but,it's not for me at all to make it 'Home' - but,I did give it a try for a year and I am happy that I done that !! :). * Sadly,Anette and I are separated for awhile ( she did not like me working as much as I did here in Florida and she has friends back in Denmark that she misses ( and I understood that ) We are in touch with each other though and I am sure that once I get back to Ohio,we will reunite again!
I bought a car here off my brother in-law,but it has very high milage. ( I sold mine before I moved to Florida )
People here in general are friendly but,I ran into some jerks ( those are everywhere ya go though --- sadly ). I sold a Golf Cart I had here,Golf Carts here are nothing like the golf carts I ever saw before. Some are what they classify as Street Legal ( meaning they can be driven on the streets or the golf cart paths around ), some have air condition, cruise control, am/fm CD players ,a GPS unit ( ya need one of those here for sure when driving as theVillages are so HUGE and they all almost look the same as the other ). The Villages have 3 postal mailing zip codes and The Villages are growing even as I speak ( type ) :) here! There plan is to make a Golf cart bridge over the Florida interstate so ya can get to Disney. World here!! ( not kidding --- that is in the works ,folks )
So ,some may be reading this and say why would you want to leave??? I don't hate the Villages but I'm not in love with them either! It's just not for me!! ( those pictures of The Villages look so nice that ya see sometimes eh?? Those people don't stay here year round ,folks :) ( after living here for a year ,I know it's not my lifestyle in anyway ,shape or form ) Maybe that will change in a few years from now ,I don't know :)
So,I'm packing and getting ready to move back to Ohio here in a few days from now -- I just thought I would take alittle time out to say Hello plus let ya know that I'm still alive too ! Trust everyone has been well and all! * yes,I sold my lawn business before moving here too,I really have no idea what I will be doing right away ---- I have somethings though that I will be looking into 4 sure and I'm sure something will come from them! :). I will fill ya in over that next time I get here ( I should be in Ohio there if all goes right ). Have a wonderful rest of the week ,all......:cool::D:)

PRH

Hi again all and hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays too!
I'm back in the state of Ohio and Anette is with me once again as well! ( she never really did leave, she just wanted to visit some people she knows back in Denmark and I guess I gave her reason by being so busy there in Florida )
Anyways,I rented alittle Duplix here in Ohio and it is nicer then the place I had when I lived in Ohio! ( this place is small but ,very nice ):)
I have not landed any work yet as I have had a flu bug and cold for a good month and sadly,I wrecked the car I got while in Florida too. ( nobody hurt, just the cars and well..... some pride got damaged ):cool: So,I'm out car hunting!!
I'm glad to be out of Florida ( at least 4 now ) ! Moving back here has been a lot of work to do but,I had a lot of help with moving into my place! ( they were glad that I moved back ---- almost like a welcome home party that still keeps going as of this day over things!:D
Anette,loves the Duplex I got here and she decorated up the place nicely over the Holidays as well!!:cool:;):)
Just wanted to stop in and say Hello ,I will be around again and fill in on things there but, all is going ok and I'm still on this earth of ours yet too!:cool:
Enjoy your weekend ,folks and I'll do the same! ( it sounds pretty awesome really ):D;):cool:

woodstock

Hi again all and hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays too!
I'm back in the state of Ohio and Anette is with me once again as well! ( she never really did leave, she just wanted to visit some people she knows back in Denmark and I guess I gave her reason by being so busy there in Florida )
Anyways,I rented alittle Duplix here in Ohio and it is nicer then the place I had when I lived in Ohio! ( this place is small but ,very nice ):)
I have not landed any work yet as I have had a flu bug and cold for a good month and sadly,I wrecked the car I got while in Florida too. ( nobody hurt, just the cars and well..... some pride got damaged ):cool: So,I'm out car hunting!!
I'm glad to be out of Florida ( at least 4 now ) ! Moving back here has been a lot of work to do but,I had a lot of help with moving into my place! ( they were glad that I moved back ---- almost like a welcome home party that still keeps going as of this day over things!:D
Anette,loves the Duplex I got here and she decorated up the place nicely over the Holidays as well!!:cool:;):)
Just wanted to stop in and say Hello ,I will be around again and fill in on things there but, all is going ok and I'm still on this earth of ours yet too!:cool:
Enjoy your weekend ,folks and I'll do the same! ( it sounds pretty awesome really ):D;):cool:

woodstock

heard of the villages, and had someone I know move there yrs ago but havent heard from them so dont know how they like it moving from new jersey. I guess it has its pros and cons. weather better, maybe with less snow, but the humidity alone would kill me. dont do humidity very well. glad you gave it a try Phil, always fun to try something new and hope you have a happy life in ohio and annette comes back to the good ole USA.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com