I need casserole recipes that freeze well

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lady from our church is having twins and having to stay off her feet as much as possible. Some of us are going to make some casseroles for her to use when she is not able to cook. Any good tried and true casserole recipes that freeze well? Thanks for sharing.....

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Dale,

About 10 years ago, Family Circle magazine had an entire issue dedicated to cook ahead and freeze recipes. I used them a lot when I was fishing, I will see if I can find any of the recipes.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Dale,
I keep forgetting to look for the magazine. I will do it this weekend, I made myself a CRS note :D

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks...make yourself a note.

Dawn, I would love the meatloaf recipe if you would share with me.

Kya D

Oh Dale I wish I could but I always make it up as I go along.
I use hamburger, chopped onions, 2 or 3 eggs, salt (I sometimes omit the salt and use onion soup mix.)and pepper, OF rolled oats ( I use 6 grain rolled mix) some catsup, a little yellow mustard.
Mix it all up and to freeze it I put the raw mix into a foil lined pan and freeze it then take it out so I can still have the pan to use.. if I cook it 1st then I use a foil lined pan and wrap it with foil and freeze it.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must have given that magazine to someone. :( on meal I make and alway have too much of so I freeze is my wrap mix.

1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can corn rinsed and drained
1 can rotel drained
1 chopped onion
chopped cilantro
chopped garlic
pre cooked chicken strips. ( where I buy chicken the have really skinny strips for stir fry)
Season to taste
Above is the part I freeze. You can use fish too but usually I cook that fresh.

Use this mix to wrap in tortillas. We use arugual or bok choy and add cheese , sour cream and some time hot sauce. You can add anything you want to at the table

I freeze it in 1lb batches. Just pop it out of the freezer and run the bag under water to thaw. ready in 5 minutes.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com