Identify please

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I saw this thing on the screen tonight. At first I thought it was a dragonfly but it is to big.

Attachments

• Dragonfly 002.jpg
    Dragonfly 002.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 327
It has pretty strips but it's also scary. I've seen lots of dragonflies in my lifetime but never one that large. The picture doesn't really show the size very good.

Your's could be Tiger Spiketail (Cordulegaster erronea)

I've been seeing lots of damsel flies over the last month!
This week There has been a few dragonflies, but they tend to stay away from the lakeshore until the purple martins leave to go south around August 15th, then the dragonflies move in to fill the gap.
The martins eat the heads and leave the bodies!
Such a waste!

In September the dragonflies gather together into huge swams and do their dance in the skie! They fatten up over a few weeks then start their migration and head south.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back