IE Bug Fixed????

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like that I may have, possibly, just maybe, here's hoping, finally squished this rather annoying bug.

When posting a reply in Internet Explorer, if you take a long amount of time to type the response, say you stop to do something or look something up, IE locks up when you submit the reply, and it's often lost.

This was a known bug. Easily reproduced.

It appears that this latest upgrade MAY have fixed it. If you've seen the bug, please test it and let me know (While testing, use copy and paste to save your reply to notepad before hitting send to avoid losing it, just in case...)

Another test of a long reply in IE...

It's 11:45 now... Off to fix lunch...

11:50... typing a bit more, back to lunch...

OK, 12:05, done with lunch, let's see what happens.

I'm going to try and make a point of using IE to see if the problem re-appears, but so far I've been posting replies without any issues.

I prefer Chrome too, it's a much better and faster browser.

But there are still a lot of folks using IE, and having them have problems when replying was very annoying. I cannot believe it took the VB crew that long to fix the problem!

On a related note, if you are using Internet Explorer, give Chrome a try. As I mentioned earlier, I've been using IE to test the forum. This morning I was wondering just why the server was running slow. I noticed it so much that I started checking the server load and it looked fine. Then I realized, I'm using IE. Could it really make that big of a difference? I fire up Chrome, click on a page and "snap!" it's load. A lot faster, and very noticeable difference.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with chrome! Have everything moved over form IE and will not be going back!
Chrome is fast and I like that, especially for the games on facebook!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back