Intern Needs Help

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

San Anguiano

Hello Community!

I am an intern for Rincon Family Services which is a not-for-profit in Chicago "dedicated to rendering compassionate and effective programs that promote the quality of life by serving as a catalyst to advocate, educate and empower individuals and their families. Our programs and services include areas of drug rehabilitation, HIV prevention, mental health treatment, and mandated court services".

As their summer intern, I've been assigned a project to beautify our facility before our annual gala in August. I picked an event date for June 26th, but have few volunteers and no plants. Must I add that I also have no knowledge for gardening! Before I started doing loads of research, I thought I could reach out to you guys for some pointers and direction.

So, I have to plant a curb side which is 2ft width and about 20 feet long in front of our facility, need to plant so that they are pretty and beautiful by August. The dirt is somewhat in good shape especially since its been raining but I know it needs more nutrients. CHICAGO GETS COLD and my boss specifically requested plants that do not have to be replanted. (someone in the office mentioned perennials)And we are a non for profit so very very very limited funds.

I need knowledge! I need plants! I need volunteers! Please help me!

Thanks,

RFS Intern

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com