Iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I think this is my last color in Irises. Hmmm..I want to say I have one more yet..I'll try and be patient and wait and see!:D
Treva I think this is a similiar variety to yours.
Click on the image for larger view!

Attachments

• iris10.jpg
    iris10.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 284
Mine won't even bloom for at least 2 more months. I love that one she is really pretty

I've been working on surrounding my home with different Iris plants (I love them too :p ) but many of my plant markers went flying with one of our many wind storms ... so this spring I'll try to get photos so I'll know WHAT COLOR IS WHERE!!

Attachments

• Iris_Bearded3.JPG
    Iris_Bearded3.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 265
my mom got me some more minature ones yesterday at a plant sale that the church has every yr, i couldn't get the time off work but should of called in sick ay my job is not going well, looking for another one
i had never seen them before until we got some at the church sale a few yrs ago, the lady must have a mess of them as she always has them in the plant sale, they are blue and can't wait for them to bloom

I finally have some Iris blooming! All so far are NOIDs, so if any one has any ideas on what they may be, please do tell! The second one had one of its standards fall off the day it opened :( Still pretty though! The last one smells oh so good, the first one too just not as much. Had one more open last evening, will get a pic of that one later!

Attachments

• 100_2534.jpg
    100_2534.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_2539.jpg
    100_2539.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_2545.jpg
    100_2545.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 279
Jen they are really pretty. I have dozens of different iris. I just love them.
I have dozens of the iris like the 1st pic.

Kya, They seem to be very common around here(the 1st ones). I love them all too, get so antsy waiting for those buds to finally open! Seems to take forever. I have so many that are going to be surprises that are going to bloom this year, just hoping most aren't purple, lol!

Jen I think those are an heirloom varity. Very hardy, multiply like crazy, I know my Mom had them well over 50 years ago.

Wow Jen..those are just beautiful!! I have lots of the purple ones and loads of white ones. Most of mine are finished blooming but have a few still in the process. Waiting is hard!!!

Most of my iris are just budding good. All except the purple ones w/ purple std and dark purple falls. My dark purple dwf iris are finished too

I love iris's! I really like the reblooming ones. These are my dwarf rebloomers.

Attachments

• dprebloom.jpg
    dprebloom.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 293
  • piris.jpg
    piris.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 270
  • whatagain3.jpg
    whatagain3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 267
  • yiris.jpg
    yiris.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 282
Holy cow Fedora those are just tooooo adorable. Just love those too
The purple beards are really unusual

Well Miss Kya D you are getting some this fall if everything turns out ok. Spring hill is sending me another What again because one of my 5 died and that was the only one they had left. I think the one that died was white.

All are very lovely. When I was growing up all we saw were the purple and yellow irises. They were in fence rows everywhere. I hated them then, now I love them. Isn't it funny how our taste will change as we get older.

Myfedora, Those dwarfs are just gorgeous! I had 2 bloom this year, but didn't get any pics. One was Firestorm(Loved it!) and another is a strange blue colored rebloomer.

Hope to see more Iris pics! ;)
Jen

My irises are blooming this year! wooo-hooo! :D
Looks like they are all purple.

Attachments

• May 15 09 004.jpg
    May 15 09 004.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 281
  • May 15 09 007.jpg
    May 15 09 007.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 271
  • May 15 09 006.jpg
    May 15 09 006.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 279

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back