Iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I honestly couldn't tell you. I have a large bank out front I am hoping to plant with iris. Right now I have about a 15'x4'(roughly) section done. I have been fortunate enough to meet some wonderful people who swap with me. And there was a bunch here when we bought the house, thinning those last year is where I came up with the idea of filling the bank with iris. I also have them everywhere! There isn't to many places in my flower beds you won't find an iris. My camera went missing, but if I can find it tomorrow I a few more blooming!!

My sweet letter carriers
I am so happy with my letter carriers when I wanted hens and chicks I was thrilled to get some from the great people on this very sight and when Sharon the post lady heard I wanted some she hauled me some from her yard 75 miles away.
To my surprise today Jimmy our other postman brought me some iris that his daughter left in his yard AND BEST OF ALL he also brought me the very same mini iris that I have been searching for, for several years.
I just couldn’t be more pleased.
So Fedora when we are ready to trade mini iris now I have some too

Ended up with TWO colors of iris!!!!!! The other one is a bronze copper color! It is SO unusual! weeeee!! :D

Attachments

• May 19 09 005.jpg
    May 19 09 005.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 296
  • May 19 09 010.jpg
    May 19 09 010.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 286
  • May 19 09 008.jpg
    May 19 09 008.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 302
A few years ago I was given an iris like the copper bronze one. I was told it was that ugly brown color. When it bloomed I was shocked

All of the iris in our yard were given to me by my neighbor but they're all blue ones. NOW she has a burgundy one and.........it's outside her fence :) I asjed her about it and she said,"Carol, I hate these iris. HELP yourself." WOOHOO! Do they ever, like, 'mutate' so they cross color? JenD and Dizzy, those are great colors. KyaD, my husbdanis a letter carrier and they are great folks. ~

So Far I Have these iris blooming
Wabash
afternoon delight
rock star
diva do
superstition
immortality
Liaison
and several more that the names I can't remember

I ordered Rock Star and a few Rebloooming ones. I can't remember the names right now. I have to look at the list. They won't be shipped until later this year.

Holy Cow ~ I am such a 'blooming' idiot. This is just like when folks on GG told me there were different kinds of hosta. AND of course I don't remember ANY of the formal names. I don't know why you all accept me :) ~ "Well, I have blue ones and some that I thought we mutations b/c they have like 2 blooms together. Then .....". And the best part is ~ I will never know, as long as they're pretty. MY GOSH, Ask Jules about daylilies! ~

I ordered Rock Star and a few Rebloooming ones. I can't remember the names right now. I have to look at the list. They won't be shipped until later this year.

I ordered 5 rebloomers from Gilbert Wild, I expect them in July or August. I left at least ten beauties behind during our move from Ontario. I love driving around now and looking at all of the irises blooming.

I am certainly enjoying seeing all these beautiful irises! Thanks Gloria for starting this thread. Your irises are so very pretty! Dizzy, I just PM'd you.

I've got several irises in several of my gardens, but I want more.:). I had transplanted Virginia Swamp iris but I think it died along the way there. Who knows, maybe next year it will reappear.

Here is my Miss Martha iris. She really is a NOID but a lady by the name of Miss Martha gave some to me. If anyone can ID it, that would be great!

3-27-09-3-28-09122.jpg

Here is Freddy Boy Iris.
3-27-09-3-28-09156.jpg

Let's keep them coming! I want to see more. I love irises!

Flowersforlife what type of iris is that? It's lovely and love the colors as well.

I sure have been enjoying seeing everyone's irises. They are all lovely! TFS For some reason I have not been able to post any pictures.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back