It's spring, It's Spring

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Well with just a quick peek around the yard..so far these are what I have peeking through, snowdrops, daffs, hayacinths, tulips, irises...the baby lilacs i planted last summer are getting new leaves, the rubarb is sprouting up....the roses are trying hard to get going with tiny leave buds...and the honey suckle is squeeking out new growth even!....I wont even talk of the california poppy that I dont think even died out over the winter..grr...lol

The hollyhocks are getting new leaves along with the columbine and to my suprise I have jonny jump ups in bloom..lol I think the jonny jump ups are confused:)

RR

Marie that looks nice. my neighbors jasmine is looking so nice. It tumbles over the fence in my back yard. If I didn't know it was spring before I do now.

OK RR what are your low temps? And how do you have all those peeking through!
I have lots peeking but mostly crocus'. Mine also come back to life at a different time usually weeks difference to about a month.What zone are you in?
We have temps of late teens (*can have) to about 40 something.
I thought you guys were colder...:eek:
Interesting! Roses! How long is your season?! My roses are doing absolutely nothing until mid to late April if they are blessed with good temps.:eek:
California Poppies wont do a thing until JULY here ...
I am confused help out an o'l Pal!
*LOL I really am :confused::confused:

Kale:)

Well we had 2 freezes this week so as for spring??????? anyway I have so many tropical type plants that look so bad.:( I will wait until it is good and warm and anything not showing signs of recovery will get yanked. I sure hate it because some of those plants are 10 years old or more. In addition I don't have the $$ to replace them right now. So spring can't be too early for me

LOL..Kale! Well the last couple weeks here have been in the 30s at night and 40s and 50s during the day with lots of rain. There are signs of new growth all over the place right now. I dont think those dang california poppies ever die..lol But I am praying because we are suposed to be getting several inches of snow monday and tuesday..I really hope it doesnt kill the new growth out there.
I am a zone 5 so still a bit of chance for freezes yet, on through about mid april. But its looking so nice with so much coming up now that I really hope old man winter will go some were else now and let the sun shine in:) But no worries really God is good and He takes care of His creation.

My new Amaryllis is blooming. The tag said red but it looks to be a medium orange.

Attachments

• tn_My Amaryllis 005.JPG
    tn_My Amaryllis 005.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 325
I'm in zone 5 and still have about 2-3' of snow on the ground but it is melting slowly and more coming tonight then rain tomorrow so hopefully more snow will melt. My mom does have some daffs and other stuff up beside her house. Keep the pics coming. Love to see them

Dor that is just beautiful. I have sprouted thing all over the place but no blooms yet. We had snow flurries this morning but nothing stuck. I am zone 5 also and we been getting a lot of rain. It is suposed to bet really nice towards end of the week.

RR

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back