Jolly Dancer

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

Jolly Dancer is a nice size cc its in a 14 inch pot and all most 3 ft across, she is the only cc that has set buds and bloomed so far this year, any bigger I'll have to split it and end up with 2 large plants.

JDancer.jpg

Ron, thats why I have my office in the basement, the up stairs office is now a plant room for cactus and larger plants, I also have a area in the basement I use for winter growing

Beautiful Bear love it.Mine have all bloomed out now.I have one small one I got on clearance last year.It's a salmon color hoping it will share one bloom this year but nothing yet.

Beautiful! Mine is not even showing buds yet. I thought it would bloom for Thanksgiving but NOT! Maybe not even Christmas

I leave mine out on the deck until mid-October, or longer if the weather doesn't go below 40F at night! When I bring them in they usually have lots of buds!
Bud formation is triggered by short days and longer nights as we move into fall!
When I bring them in, I place them in an east facing window in the livingroom, where they do not recieve any extra light in the evening.
It is the extra light indoors that will prevent, or delay flower bud formation!
It is a simple rule that a lot of gardeners break at the expense of flower production, and they wonder why their CC and EC don't bloom!
If you have an unused room with a bright window give it a try! Just remember: no extra light once the sun sets, or before sunrise!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back