Just bought my first house...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

xoomer

And have lots of work ahead!
I've been cutting, slashing and hacking my way, as this house was a foreclosure, and according to the neighbors I've done more work to the house in the month I've been here then the last owners the entire time they lived here.

I have a nice slope in the back yard but at the top I have a 20' by 75' flat spot that I'm hoping to get a vegetable garden in this year! but first I have to get all the blackberries and ivy and trees gone. I have maybe two more weekends of clean up before I can start working on a garden area :)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!~

Welcome to our forum Xoomer!
We will be happy to help you out when you are ready!
Please post photos so we will have a better idea of what you are dealing with!

Nice house and good sized property!
Very good xoomer! That was a lot of hard work clearing out everything....
You will need to dig out the blackberry root systems....they tend to send up runners to colonize the area.....
Guess you will be happy once everything is stripped down on the slopped area where you were thinking of having a veggie garden...
I checked your IP address and you live in Tacoma Washington.....do you know which growing zone you live in? Each zone has it's own particular gardening challenges in the selection of plants that will do well in your area.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back