Just so you know

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

R

RiverRock

Hi everyone, I have somthing I want to share with you all so that you are aware. Last year I had a stroke and the physical part of it I have recovered very well from but the cognative takes much longer. I have a hard time remebering things and some times mix things up or cant find the words I want. So if I seem a little dense or forgetful I would ask you to please bear with me this is the reason why. I am young only in my 30s so I have really been recovering well but it has taken me a year just to get were I am now, but I thank God I am here:) Thank you and God bless you all.

RiverRock

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will find some very caring and concerned members here at GF. Hope you like it here and if I can help you in any way, please let me know. There are lots of members here that deal with daily health issues, so I think you came to the right place.

R

RiverRock

You all are such a wonderful family and I am so blessed to be back home with you all were I belong! Love and hugs!

RR

Dor

I will be praying for a complete recovery for you RR. The LORD is good all the time. I am a true believer in that. It is a blessing that you have come this far and I pray you will continue to be blessed. Your new normal may be different from your old normal. I understand your memory issues as I have some myself.

R

RiverRock

Thank you Dor...yes that is so true..what was normal for me before is not normal anymore I have had to make several life style changes..like eating much healthier, I am almost vegertarian now, I exercise almost daily unless to sick that day..and I spend time with the Lord in His Word and prayer..and I got involvced in a prayer mentor ministry.

I have testimonies from the night i had the stroke that would just make you shout for joy, it was a terrible and yet wonderful night..if you can imagine that:) I have learned so much about myself, my God and the true pretionusness of life and love. God is my Rock on which I stand..all other ground is sinking sand!

blessings,
RR

RR, not to worry. My beloved Pops had his first major stroke 2/12/83. He not only went on to recover, but to spend the next 15 years volunteering with stroke patients (2000+ hours per year). He was also president of the Greater Milwaukee Stroke Club for 8. Besides, we are all a little fuzzy on things. Glad you made it to recovery. welcome to GF.

Hi everyone, I have somthing I want to share with you all so that you are aware. Last year I had a stroke and the physical part of it I have recovered very well from but the cognative takes much longer. I have a hard time remebering things and some times mix things up or cant find the words I want. So if I seem a little dense or forgetful I would ask you to please bear with me this is the reason why. I am young only in my 30s so I have really been recovering well but it has taken me a year just to get were I am now, but I thank God I am here:) Thank you and God bless you all.

RiverRock
RiverRock, my husband had a stroke just over 7 years ago. I understand so well what you mean about the cognitive stuff. Keep yourself busy. Read everything you can get your hands on, do stuff that forces you to use your brain. Whatever you do, don't give up! You've come a long way, and as hard as it still seems, you're over the worst hump. It will get better for you. Just keep working at it.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'm so impressed with your progress. No one would ever think that someone in their 30's could have a stroke, but stuff happens. Keep up the great work!

Bernie

RR I am praying you will make a full recovery. I look forward to getting to know you. I know several people here and they are all wonderful people. It is a blessing that we have all be brought together.

RR so sorry to hear of your problem and wish for you a full recoverary. That is very young to have a stroke I hope you keep up with your health and watch your blood preasure.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com