Knockout Roses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

What's your method, SpiderLily? I NEED to be cheap!!! I had great results once with the baggie method of propagation but apparently that was a "first time's the charm" deal, because it hasn't gone well since then and I gave it up.

Kya...remember the shoots you sent me last year? I was looking at them yesterday and see no growth coming on yet, so I'm not sure they made it through the winter.

I take the cutting take most of the leaves off. Dip in rutone and up in a pot with good potting soil.Sit in a shaded area keep damp.Nothing special.

Palm not sure which shoots I sent but if they were rose start I have tons more so PLMK if they don't green up. They are hardy here in -20 zone 5

Thanks SpiderLily!

Kya...you sent the yellow starts. Zone-wise I should be fine. I'll give them a little longer to see if something happens. Noticed that 2 of my 3 peonies haven't come back either. Hmmm.

My knockout rose

I haven't had any luck starting roses from cuttings but I sure would like to start some from this beauty.

Attachments

• tn_gardening019.JPG
    tn_gardening019.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 338
Dor it should be easy to root look's like the one I borrowed cutting's from.Take a small limb take most of the leaves off put in good potting soil and sit it in a shaded area keep damp see if it will root for you.

I will try that Spider also I think I will bury a piece of the mama next to her and weight it down and see if it will root that way. That is how I got the volunteer of my white rose. Looks like I might be getting one of my peach rose too. Antonio just covered it with mulch so I will see what happens.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back