Lets see some bugs.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I spose this may be apporpriate.
I don't have a pic, but curious to know what this bug was.
Saw one last night, it looked like a big black ant on the front end, and kinda a beetle on the back. The front looked just like an ant to me.
The back was like one solid "case" it did not have the separation like an ant or wasp. The throax or whatever.
It was solid black and completely undimensional to itself. Looked like it could have been a beetle that had eaten the back half of an ant.
I know that not a good discription, but does anyone have any ideas?
If I see another should I kill it or leave it?
It was about the size of a quater from end to end, and maybe a 1/4" wide.

Looks like a Blister Beetle to me.
Atleast I can look up whether to leave it alone or not. I had not seen one like that here yet.

The gardener's friend the hoverfly:)

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 312

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back