liberty bell stamps.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

My husband works for the post office and compared to any other country the United States still has the cheapest postage and most reliable service of anywhere in the world. Postage has gone up to 44 cents in 200 years so that's pretty much chump change. What's hurt their business isn't online bill paying, but the same as with newspapers. Businesses can't afford to pay for the advertising so it's cut into their mailing ads. Charities aren't sending out that many letters for donations other than the ones that have been donated to. I used to get so many address labels in a week I could wall paper a room practically. Greeting cards, too. My husband's office has a ton of ebay-ers there on a weekly basis, but as far as piece mail it's dropped off by thousands of pieces. This is nationwide. The price rates were set up to raise over a period of a few years instead of in one fell swoop by the government which has it's hand in the price regulation. The post office is only doing what it's been told to do and none of the employees are getting rich off profit. The part timers aren't working as much and the regulars are doing other jobs they've been trained to do. It's less expensive that way.
They're even offering those that qualify a chance to retire, but they aren't giving any incentive to do it so most are just keep working. My husband's looked into it, but he's going to have to work at least a few more years before it's feasible financially for him to retire. Between bought back military time and post office he'll soon have 30 years in.

As far as the Forever stamps, it's a pretty common thing for people to be confused about it so don't anyone feel alone in that respect. He's even had people ask him how much a 44 cent stamp costs. I've been a fly on the wall so to speak when I've been down there and I'm really surprised he's been able to maintain his sanity there sometimes. Especially at Christmastime.

If I got on my high horse a little excuse me. Most people don't know that much about the inner workings of the system and I get a little fired up sometimes.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back