Look, look what I found!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lazy gardener

Thanks to you all folks!
I would never have noticed but now I saw them at my local garden center and bought the only pot that will make me happy for some time :)

daffodil01.jpg

daffodil02.jpg

They are called "Ice Follies"

Great colour on your daff! Yep Ron's right if I want to grow cool climate bulbs at my place I put them in the crisper for 3 months then they flower nicely. Albeit not for as long a period as in the colder zones.

it is just too cold too long here, I miss the sun, I miss green all those winter months

wanna swap?

No! I like to have something to miss but I never missed the cold or walking around in slushy snow. I like the warm here and the green. At first I thought the trees didn't loose their leaves but I find they do even if it is only for a couple of weeks.

lynpenny,
wombat said you should be able to put them in the fridge or freezer and plant them in spring. You would have to ask or do some searching to see what temp you need to chill them at though.

That's fridge, not the freezer!
They need to chill for at least 4 months in order to bloom!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back