Look who came for a visit!!!!!!!!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

K

Kale

Look Who Stopped By 4 A Visit!!!!!!!!

I went to go see if it had gotten chillier, I had gone in for an hour.I see a little boy with a camera looking above my house, I said what do you see?!!
He says a HAWK!!!!!!! I ran back in grabbed my camera on the way out the other door and got a few BLURRY pics... Here is the best of the rest...I had the wrong settings and didn't want to take time to set..It was a valued moment and I knew I wouldn't get anything if I started playing with those million settings!*LOL So here it is..
My HAWK! Red tailed(?)
Isn't that just too delightful!
I missed him taking off because I tried to record a movie and I had that ZOOM on and missed the fly away:(
But...My daughter saw it ! Which is good enough for me:D:D:D
I though the duck quacking on my roof was a scream this is just too cool..I told everyone to grab their cats and told my daughter to bring that little dog of hers in!*LOL
Pretty nice moments!
What do you think about that!

Kale:)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RiverRock

Oh Kale that is just beautiful! It looks like that is either a young hawk or one changing color for the season. Wow what a great capture girl! Wish I could have gotten my bald eagle like that.

RR

K

Kale

You saw a Bald Eagle!!!!!!!!
No way!*LOL
That is just too cool...!
It was hard to focus with the lines blurring me out I took a chance*lol
Thank-you!

Kale

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kale oh my what a treasure for you to see and your daughter to see. Glad you were able to capture with your camera. Oh the memories!!

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
WOW..great picture!! I've seen some very large hawks here but not lucky enough to get a pic. Have also seen bald eagles and of course, no camera on hand at the moment.

K

Kale

:D:DThank you I am thrilled ,it really made my day!
The funniest thing is I almost never use the front door and that I didn't grab my other camera because the card was still in the reader:eek::eek: I may have cried or killed myself running through the house to get it while I fretted*lol how the card wasn't in the camera.
I keep my camera in my room where the card reader is and if the card isnt in the camera I do not close the bag,that tells me the card is not in the camera.I have gone out and left that card in the reader..no pics that occasion *LOL Also If the battery is low/dead I keep my case open that tells me there is a problem*lol I will always wonder why the case isn't closed and look before I close it. Just thought Id share that tip:) Saves me heartache and GRRRRRRRs

Keep a camera ready at all times.This taught me to practice changing my setting *LOL I hope to do that tonight for about an hour.Ill be ready next time.*LOL!

Wow that take off I sure did miss it was right over my head:(
I guess I'm not going to get over that*lol But..my little sweetie saw it :D
A chance of a lifetime. My neighbor said they must be bad off Up North they traveled hundreds of miles for food here*LOL Wrong place to come for food we are poor here *LOL Even the animals moved out *lol

Thanks for sharing the moments! It is fun!:D

Kale;)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a red-tail that parks in the top of a tree out in the pasture. Because I feed birds, we also get at least one sharp-shinned hawk that drops around every few days.

We have Turkey Hawks here --Buzzards-- they aren't pretty enough to take a picture of , they are pretty ugly with black or red heads and necks. Kale your visitor is beautiful will they eat live animals? Iam told these here will only eat the dead but I always worry when my cat is out and they are around.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
You saw a Bald Eagle!!!!!!!!
No way!*LOL
That is just too cool...!
It was hard to focus with the lines blurring me out I took a chance*lol
Thank-you!

Kale
I saw a matched pair over my garden last night. Tim and I ride bikes every afternoon after work and when we ride back in the yard we ride to the garden. We heard them first and then saw them. They were just riding the air right over the house and garden. I guess this means I now have to lug my camera with me on bike rides.
The pair of eagles is exactly why our main road has it's name. Eagle Creek Rd. This pair has been here for as long as anyone can remember. Last year FWC found an injured juvenile eagle in our neighborhood. When he had been rehabed they brought him back to the exact spot they found him and realeased him back to us. How cool is that????

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
wonderful picture you go there KAle...I am amazed at all the hawks aroun these parts...I can watch for hours and hours ...they are so beautiful...although when we had the chickens I was alwasy a bit worried...

K

Kale

We have Turkey Hawks here --Buzzards-- they aren't pretty enough to take a picture of , they are pretty ugly with black or red heads and necks. Kale your visitor is beautiful will they eat live animals? Iam told these here will only eat the dead but I always worry when my cat is out and they are around.
Swindy, live, moving rodents and snakes..Maybe he is looking for my little white fella *LOL
Thank you All this is still fascinating to me I feel special:D:D (probably because I don't think I have an animal for him to eat *lol Besides.. it diverted my attention from things I really don't want to think about *lol:)

Well, those that do see these and eagles ,name a bird that you dont see now imagine and then see it..sitting right above your house;) !
Pretty much, fast pace heartbeat*

Very cool Crabber!

Oh I have someplace I think 2pics of owls sitting in a friends tree it was about June of 2005 I'll do a quick search.if I named it I will find it if not thousands of pics and too many hours to seek.It is the same time frames when that large tree nest was in a tree of hers. If anyone knows when that has the live little critters moving (hatched but not free of that NEST yet) about in zone 5 then..I will be able to do a better search.
Thanks A Bunch..

Nice picture he's a beauty.We have one pair in our pasture and my brother has a pair in the edge of his pasture.I love to sit and watch them soar high above.Love to hear them scream.They don't mess with our dog's or cat's just small rodent's snakes.Swindy I think all the buzzard's eat is decaying animal's never seen them attack anything alive.We have alot of them and they are like you say UGLY:)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't get to see them, but we have a wooded area next to the house in our pasture, and I have heard the owls out there at night. I love to hear that. I like the sound of the loons too, but I have to rely on nature shows to be able to hear the loons.

Wombat

What a great photo Kale, beautiful bird indeed. You were lucky to at least have a camera close by to take an excellent pic of him/her.

Swindy,

We have turkey buzzards around here too. It's funny because we would see them soaring high up in the air and they look very graceful from that view.

I live in the middle of a bunch of corn fields so I see quite a few hawks :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com