Marinades for Grilling

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

I am surprised by my freezer and my refrigerator made it though Randy. My refrigerator was 6 months ago so I would have been sick if it didn't work anymore. I have had my freezer for a while but it took me a while to get them both cleaned out and smelling fresh.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Dor I am so glad both your freezer and refrigerator made it through....I know when we had the storms up here and the powere was off for so long I was concerned about ours not being any good after the power came ack on ...as ours were only four months old...thankfully made it through also...I wonder though if it has shorten it's life now?

Dor

I am really concerned about that too Flower. I still haven't had my inspected and cleaned as my girlfriend tole me needed to be done. My warranty runs out next month so I better call GE and get it check out. My freezer is so old and no needed to worry about it. I it goes out I will just buy another one.

If this happens again I think I will get a generator. My daughter's electric came on the next day but she lives in an area where there is a hospital so the power compant got those areas up first.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I am really concerned about that too Flower. I still haven't had my inspected and cleaned as my girlfriend tole me needed to be done. My warranty runs out next month so I better call GE and get it check out. My freezer is so old and no needed to worry about it. I it goes out I will just buy another one.
Hey thank you Dale...Mine is still under warrenty also...I think I willhave to look into weather they will check it out ...when I read the warrenty it said everything was covered for 6 months...

plantlover

Ginger oil? That's a new one on me! Do you make it yourself or buy it that way? I adore ginger. Debe, that marinade you just posted sounds spectacular!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Susan it really is great...My Hubby thinkis I am nuts I use it on so much...I get it at the Natural Food store...I am out right now or I would post the name of it...I will be going to the 'Big City tomorrow to shop...and then I will let you knw the brand and all...

I need to post the ginger cookis on her...maybe I did in the Christmas cookies thread...I will have to look..
Dale so sorry for going off topic...:( but Randy started it...;(

plantlover

Debe, as far as I am concerned, anything with ginger in it tastes great! It's wonderful for the digestive system too! I even eat the pickled ginger that is used with Sushi! I love Sushi, too, but I'm not too keen on some of the raw fish....eating raw fish can be very dangerous, especially if you don't know where it came from!

What kind of oil is the ginger infused in? Soy, peanut or sesame? I think those are the types of oil most frequently used in Asian food.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be concerned about shortening the life of the refrigeration equipment. But if the equipment uses a fan to blow air across the condenser coil, then you should know how to clean the accumulated hair, lint, etc. from it. Your owners manual should tell you how to do that. If you wonder if you have that type, you can tell by feeling if there is any air blowing from under the freezer. That particular issue will definitely shorten the life of the equipment if it is neglected and possibly void your warranty. Our oldest freezer uses that kind of condenser, but the other two have condenser tubing built in to the outside walls of the freezer and gets rid of the heat by radiation and convection. Our old freezer is 51 years old.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com