Miniature philodendron---or closest thing to it?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

I would like to start on an indoor plant, that I'd like to put on my computer desk. It is messy enough as it is, but I'll make room for a nice plant. Philodendrons have always been so attractive. I've always liked them, and I've seen some very large ones.

Do they make miniature ones---ones that won't grow to a massive height? I'd like something that can stay in a small pot, on a desk.

I'm not confident that they have any, so is there any small desk plant that looks a lot like it---you know, big leafy leaves?

Good question!
If you want something small you could look for and orchid such as moth orchid. There are some minies available and they bloom a couple of times a year depending on care.....they are tough plants!

OK, I'll look for a miniature orchid, as well. I just saw a Dieffenbachia online that looked good, too, and I think those are small.
Anyways, I'll look for small orchids or the D plant.

Thanks.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back