Mint and Basil

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I am going to be growing basil and mint in pots this year, I'm wondering are only the leaves edible? If I dry them on the stems(like drying flowers) do I just use the leaves? Thanks:D

Best way to use the stems of pretty much any herb is to chop it into fine pieces and use just as you would with the leaves.

I am going to be growing basil and mint in pots this year, I'm wondering are only the leaves edible? If I dry them on the stems(like drying flowers) do I just use the leaves? Thanks:D
I dry it all and then chop it up like I do when I’m using fresh. I have basil and mint in containers.

Reactions: bob
Well I’ve added sage, thyme,dill to pots. I have oregano, and garlic chives in my garden. I also have some parsley in a pot. Life would be pretty bland without our herbs.

I have several mint varieties in post, as well as oregano, thyme, and basil.
My cilantro is so prolific that I never need to replant, it is even growing in my lawn! The temps are getting to hot for it so most of it has flowered and is re-seeding.

Don't you love plants that reseed themselves? I used to hate it because they never reseeded where I wanted them but then I realized that if I just let them even though they moved around I always had plants. I guess if you quit fighting mother nature she will give you some beauty.

That's exactly right! You can't tame mother nature.
I always figured volunteers grew where it was best for them

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back