Miss Red

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

This is my Red lored amazon parrot, for her age 25 +, she still looks good, she lost lot of her bright colors due to her age but she still swear up a storm,she loves spending her days hanging out in my growing room with me, and finds all kinds of bugs to eat, she rules the roost, but can be a big baby at times, they say she can live to be 75, I'm sure I won't be around that long

Attachments

• RED in jungle 003.jpg
    RED in jungle 003.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 319
I always wanted a parrot but then I remember how much work the parakeet was and then I think no. but I love to look at them.

Awwww. I had a Sun Conure , 2 Blue & Golds, and a Patigonian Conure.
The sun fell and broke his neck ( Found out this is very common in large parrots) and one of the Blue and golds also fell, after I gave both blue & golds to a friend who has a scarlet. The patigonian died of old age. :( I spent hours each day cutting fruits and veggies and cleaning cages. While I miss my babies, I won't get another.

Red doesn't know she can fly, she walks all around the house,there's a lot of work at times cleaning making food, but I don't mind she a lot easier to take care of, than the other birds in the house 6 Parakeets, 1 male 5 females and 4 zebra finches all females and 1 old Chihuahua, Red loves apples and carrots she buts up with other veggies and fruits in her dish, she loves chicken and ham bones to chew on, she will be my last big bird, but that's not set in stone :D

She's a beauty Bear I love bird's.I want a African Grey Parrot had a chance of one.It was my uncle's but hated to take it from him.Now I know why he ask me if I wanted him.He had cancer and past away awhile back.Sure wish I had taken it for him.Now his daughter has it.I have a Quaker parrot.He's a mess get's on a roll talking and want shutup....LOL but its cure things he says.This is Mikie .....:)

Attachments

• Mikie 002.JPG
    Mikie 002.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Mikie 006.JPG
    Mikie 006.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 310

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back