Moonflower Vine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

My moonflower vine finally started blooming today. They have the most wonderful fragance. So far I only have 3 blooms. I think the bloom is much prettier than the moonflower bush bloom. Just my opinion. Maybe because they are harder to grow for me.

Attachments

• MoonflowerVine002[1].jpg
    MoonflowerVine002[1].jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 432
  • MoonflowerVine004[1].jpg
    MoonflowerVine004[1].jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 403
Maggie,
That makes me think of my mom! She always raved about moon flowers but sadly never had one. She would have loved your pictures too!

I grew them once! They put on a very impressive amount of foliage and finally bloomed in late Septembe! I sat and watched one bloom unfurlas the sun set, and it took 20 mimutes! Too bad they only last 12 hours!

My Sweet Autumn Clematis this year. It covers a 4ft deck rail on front side & hangs over the back..we had to reinforce it w/ "T" made out of lumber to hold it up. Smells as pretty as it looks :p

Attachments

• Sweet Autum front 2011.jpg
    Sweet Autum front 2011.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 334
  • Sweet Autum back 2011 sept.5.jpg
    Sweet Autum back 2011 sept.5.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 401
I have never been able to grow Moon Flowers..but my Angel Trumpet bloomed & grew beautiful this year..from seed :)

Seeds anyone?

Attachments

• Angel Trumpet.jpg
    Angel Trumpet.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 349
  • angel trumpet 7.jpg
    angel trumpet 7.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 339
  • angel trumpet4.jpg
    angel trumpet4.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 359
  • angel trumpet2.jpg
    angel trumpet2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 365
This bloom opened so pretty and different from the other blooms.

Attachments

• Moonflower vine 1.jpg
    Moonflower vine 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Moonflower Vine 2 (2).jpg
    Moonflower Vine 2 (2).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 349

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back