My veggie garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

I haven't been able to do a lot of work on it but my leg's healing and I'm getting back on it again! :D
Anyway, here's some of the veggies I'm growing this year. There's more and I'll add photos of the others when I can. I do have to give my little brother big ups too cause he's been doing a lot of the work too!

These are my purple potatoes. They're up higher than my knees now!

5786813535_0eff5f17fd_b.jpg

Purple Potatoes 2 by Trax, on Flickr

Here's 2 of my Tangerine Pimiento peppers. I'm growing these 2 inside so i can collect true seeds from them. the rest are in the garden.
We're also growing Red Pimiento, California Wonder, Sweet Banana, Jalapeno Early, Cubanelle, Ring o Fire Cayenne, New Mexico, Anaheim, Poblano, and Red Habanero peppers.
I wanna get some Fish, Chile, and White Habaneros too.

5787559230_be9b0e6970_b.jpg

Pimiento peppers by Trax, on Flickr

These are the Beefsteak tomatoes. We have Red Cherry tomatoes too and I'll add pics later.

5787371230_1c770b5416_b.jpg

Beef Tomatoes 1 by Trax, on Flickr

The horseradish is almost up to my hips!

5787368406_0069f5b366_b.jpg

Horseradish by Trax, on Flickr

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking gooooood! ;) Awesome. Mine is doing pretty good too. Now if we don't get a fire or a hurricane I should be ok.

I actually have blue potatoes growning too.

Trax

Looking gooooood! ;) Awesome. Mine is doing pretty good too. Now if we don't get a fire or a hurricane I should be ok.

I actually have blue potatoes growning too.

Those blue potatoes are def gonna be fun! :D I hope you don't get any fires or hurricanes! It's so warm now this could be a really epic garden year yes!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice Horseradish Josh!
Your veggie garden looks great!

I started to transplant my tomato seedings into large pots, so they will be a good size to plant in the garden! Should take a good week for the pots to be filled with a good root system
I'm only planting heirloom tomatoes this year!
Got the Brandywine done, started the Cherokee Purple and will leave the Pineapple Tomatos until this winds stops! Cucs are up in their jiffi pots as are the squash and zucs! Waiting for the weather settle before planting them out in the garden!
I'll be growing my eggplants in large 5gl pots! They did great last year! In pots it is easier to water and keep them well fed!

Trax

Thanks guyz! :) If anyone has pics of their gardens please share.
Hey Ron,
You always have so many awesome plants! :D If I had that many plants I'd have to move my video game system out to the garden to have time for both. :p

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's just it! I don't have a video game system so I have lots of time on my hands to do what I love to do!
Once I get what I want for the garden in the ground, the rest is for sale to help pay for my gardening addition!
Photos will follow once the veggie garden gets going/growing!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe I'll get some pictures this weekend. My garden looks poor but is producing really well. I try to get some good pics. I am having water issues , I just can't seem to get enough to the garden :(

Trax

Thanks! :)
We're def having water issues here too. We'll be in the 90's for the next 10 dayz with zero rain. They haven't started water rationing yet but that will prolly be next. The ground's been getting really hard and we'll prolly have brown grass by July.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got tomatoes and cucumbers out of the garden this morning. I moved the potted tomatoes over under the tree because they have stopped setting on. I hope this will help. it is hot here and we are already on water rationing. We have had 7 days of 100 degree weather and it isn't offically summer yet. don't ya love texas?

Wombat

I'm busily planting all my winter flowers and veggies at the moment, hopefully we won't get an early frost.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basil, celery, eggplant, onions, peppers

Attachments

• gbasil.jpg
    gbasil.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 360
  • gcelery.jpg
    gcelery.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 371
  • geggplant1.jpg
    geggplant1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 380
  • gonions.jpg
    gonions.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 372
  • gpepers.jpg
    gpepers.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 365

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pepers and then my arugula gone wild. Didn't get to the tomatoes yet. maybe this weekend.

Attachments

• gpepers2.jpg
    gpepers2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 396
  • gwild.jpg
    gwild.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 374

Trax

Yay! :D Great photos Crabber! This thread is def taking off!
Btw, those peppers look awesome! I can't wait for mine to get big enough to make some then, salsa time! :)
Omg! :eek: I forgot to plant onions!

Wombat

Wow lovely healthy veggies there Crabber, can't wait 'til August when I can start my summer planting....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com