My veggies 2011

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

Here's a few pictures of my veggie garden. My tomatoes are really growing. I don't remember having tomatoes on the vine in April before.

Attachments

• cucumbers blooming.jpg
    cucumbers blooming.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 360
  • container cucumbers 2011.jpg
    container cucumbers 2011.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 323
  • My garden tomatoes and peppers 2011.jpg
    My garden tomatoes and peppers 2011.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 340
  • tomatoes for 2011.jpg
    tomatoes for 2011.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 364
  • tomatoes galore 2011.jpg
    tomatoes galore 2011.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 343
I have tomatoes set on mine also. I just got the regular seedings not the super large ones that were blooming already.

I bought seedlings also, Lynn, six packs and some seperate ones too. HEB had patio tomatoes in 5 gallon containers that were loaded with toms for $19.99. I refuse to pay that much for one tom. I did buy a couple of gallon ones for $4 but those don't have tomatoes yet. I bought most of mine at Cornelious nursery for $1.99. The only one that doesn't have tomatoes that I got from them is the Cherokee Purple. Last year my Cherokee didn't produce any toms. I hope the one I have does better this year. They are buy Chef Jeff. I bought Chef Jeff last year from Houston Garden but they didn't do as well as the ones I have now. I have tiny bell peppers, jalapenas, and banana peppers also.

I got my tomato and pepper plants from lowes. I got the individual plants cause I only wanted two tomato and 2 pepper plants. Those and a couple of cucumbers is all the veggies I have this year. For some reason the herbs took over the garden lol

Very nice. I have little cukes growing as well as tomatoes which are taking forever! The recent tornadoes that passed through us haven't been helpful either.

I've picked my first veggies.

Attachments

• my veggie 2011.jpg
    my veggie 2011.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 322
Awesome Dor! Over the weekend I picked about a 1/4 bushel of yellow squash. I also cut a bunch of kale. Most of which went to the church because I can only eat so much kale!
I also have gotten about 8 tomatoes ! Maybe this will be a good year for the south!

I think it will be a gret year Nancie. My tomato plants are loaded. I pick cherry tomato everyday. I have bush green bean that I will need to harvest soon. I've had my first cuc that Mya beat me to. It is so nice to enjoy fresh veggies.

I haven't even planted my garden yet and it's so wet so won't be planting it for awhile, another week of rain is coming too. Sure wish we could see the sun and things would dry out.
Hope you have an awesome yr Dor

I got my parsnips sown as well as Prarsley Root, 2 kinds of loose leaf lettuce!
Still too cool for sowing the yellow and green beans!
It will be another 2 weeks before I plant out my 3 varieties of tomatos and one type of Egg Plants "Parks Whopper"
I'll plant at least 2 hills each of zuccini, cucs, and butternut squash!
I'm dieing for fresh tomatoes from the garden!

I think it will be a gret year Nancie. My tomato plants are loaded. I pick cherry tomato everyday. I have bush green bean that I will need to harvest soon. I've had my first cuc that Mya beat me to. It is so nice to enjoy fresh veggies.

Dor,
Everything has just busted out in baby veggies since it rained. I am having cuc troubles though. They are just drying up almost as soon as they get out of the ground. I am planting more this week.
I picked enough for several meals of italian beans this week. I love this time of year for the garden!

I haven't even planted my garden yet and it's so wet so won't be planting it for awhile, another week of rain is coming too. Sure wish we could see the sun and things would dry out.
Hope you have an awesome yr Dor

Aww Laurie, I can only imagine how tichy you must be to get in the garden again. I should ship you some squash!

I have 37 eggplants and they are all in bloom. Maybe I should start organic farming for a living! LOL! NOT! I know it is as unpredictible as fishing!!!!
Peppers are full of baby peppers and the onions are seeding. Argula is crazy. An I can't find anyone who likes it like I do!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back