National cereal Day

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Keeping the "national" day going until DALE gets back
March 7th National Cereal Day
I guess one of the all time fav's are

RICE KRISPIES TREATS
1/4 cup butter
10 ounces marshmallows, or 40 regular marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 c smooth peanut butter (optional)
1. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Cut into squares when cool.
Yield: 24 squares, 2 x 2 inches.
Note: Use fresh marshmallows for best results.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Microwave butter and marshmallows on full power in large glass mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Microwave on full power 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Stir until smooth. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Press into pan as directed in Step 3.
Serving Size: 8

Dor

Chex Mix

3 cups corn chex
3 cups pretzel sticks
1 package almond bark
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Pour chex and pretzels onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Spread out and sprinkle with pecans. In a saucepan over med/low heat stir almond bark until melted. Once melted pour over mix on cookie sheet. Once it is cooled break into small pieces. Put in gift bags with decorative ties. Makes get gifts or party favors.

Dor

Yes it is KyaD. I got this recipe from an ex-coworker. She made it for gifts at Christmas and it was so good. I put it in the children's gift bags at my retirement dinner. Everyone loved it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Dawn thanks for posting. Rice Krispy treats are one of my all time favorites. We got home after midnight last night. Flights were cancelled on Sunday then when we go to Atlanta our flight home was cancelled. There is NO place like home.

Kya D

Dale I am so glad you are back. Welcome Back
I tried to keep the national day thread going.
Pork day and cereal day. Some great recipes too.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi keep it up dear friend!!! This forum is for everyone to participate. I have a good bran muffin recipe that is made with raisin bran that I will look up and post. I think it's called a Bucket of Muffins. You mix up a big batch and bake what you want. Last couple weeks in the freezer.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am dragging today but will try to post the recipe late today or tomorrow.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also make a strawberry butter that is great to compliment the bran muffin.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com