Native plants to attract eastern box turtles

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Ashley Hutsell

I'm currently in the middle of planning out a springtime backyard garden and have a list of native Tennessee attractants for hummingbirds, etc. I'm trying to find good plants to provide shade/shelter for eastern box turtles or find plants they prefer to be around. I live in Southeastern Tennessee.

They are considered rare up here and if you can do something, even a small gesture will make a difference!
Educating people about them is the first step especially where you live!
You could form a group of landowners and even do a head count on their numbers, have guest speakers to learn more!
Do you have a large property?
You could look into what they need during their breeding season! Once you know what habitat they prefer for laying eggs would make a big difference so you can recreate one for them on your property!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back