Need recommendations for privacy hedge (or whatever)

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

zzBernie

My neighbor from hell was recently forced by the township to move his boats, campers, and other assorted junk equipment from his front yard, to he back yard. You can see from the photo that some of these things are lined up against my fence creating an eyesore.

I had one landscaper give me a price to plant arborvitae along the fence, for about $8,000. Can someone recommend a less expensive alternative that would be tall enough to block out this eyesore? Maybe some type of tall hedge?

Any recommendations as to what to plant would be appreciated!

small.jpg

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry Bernie for your pain!
It is so hard living next to a hoarder!!
I would suggest you add a few feet of lattice to your fence (if it is your fence) and train up some Virginia Creeper or Boston Ivy to finish it off!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com