Need to vent about CBS

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watch survivor and tonight is the finale. It's not on yet as I guess the football game must of ran over so 60 minutes is still on.
I clicked on the guide and clicked on the description of tonights show and it said who the next 2 were going to be voted out. I couldn't believe it. It really makes me want to watch the show when I know who the final 3 will be.
It really upsets me..... Thanks for listening

Last edited:
K

Kale

Sure, it will pass my friend.:)
Did the football team win at least?
Or do they play like the Michigan teams!

So are you telling me you missed the whole thing!??
That is what happens when you have your favorite show on a channel that football is on.
Why is it on a sports channel??!
Or ..why is football on your channel?
Id take it to the supreme court...for sure.

Sorry about your show...:rolleyes:
Kale

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
i just talked with a friend in new jersey and it says the same on her cable so it's cbs not my cable company
need to see if i can change the heading

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did watch the show but I figured the 60 minutes would run long. It seems like it always does. I could not bellieve how it ended. I had no idea this time. I thought for sure sugar would get the 100000 for favorite player. Oh well I guess Bob deserves it.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I did watch the show but I figured the 60 minutes would run long. It seems like it always does. I could not bellieve how it ended. I had no idea this time. I thought for sure sugar would get the 100000 for favorite player. Oh well I guess Bob deserves it.
You're dang right I do!

Now does anyone know who I should call at CBS to give them my address so they can send me the check?

bob

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, as far as CBS (which I lovingly call "See B.S.") and the other networks go, I've got one word for all you television fans out there. It will literally change how you watch TV, and if you watch a lot of TV it will literally give you more time in your day.

That one word is "Tivo".

I've had one for years. I love it! I cannot watch "live" TV any more. One you realize how quickly you can watch a show without commercials, you'll find out just how much time you've been wasting. My wife likes to watch cops. With Tivo we can easily watch 4 episodes in one hour. In fact just about anything on Fox is 33% to 50% commercials and fluff (theme songs, "we'll be right back" catching up after the commercial)

Yes, I know, they've got to make money somehow, but showing me the same commercials every 7 minutes is NOT going to make me buy my wife a Lexus for Christmas, no matter how pretty a bow they put on it. Sorry honey...

Seriously, Tivo has changed how I watch TV. I can watch what I want, when I want to watch it, and skip the commercials.

PS - Yes, I know, this sounds like an informercial, but it's not. Tivo is not one of my sponsors (call me Tivo guys, we can fix that!) It's simply something I really like.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
YIPEE that Bob won
He's teaches at my hometown high school

I knew Sugar wouldn't get it as no one liked her. She didnt even get a vote]
Who got the $100,000 fan vote as I had to shut the TV off and get to sleep?

Mainegal, Bob also won the fan favourite vote, so he ended up getting $1.1M. I think he was in shock. lol

Bob, I totally agree with you on pvrs. I sometimes record two shows, while watching a recorded one and it really cuts down on the time.

I got caught in that span of no Survivor show on yet too....it was sure annoying. I have a DVR to record it - hmm, maybe it is called a PVR - from our cable company and I LOVE it. It has changed how I watch TV...nice to have the choice to watch it now or later.....and beats the stations when they decide to air shows simultaneously to get the viewers ticked!!!! Yup - I wanted Bob to win .... and I would send our Bob the million dollar cheque too if it were up to me - he's our Fan Favourite on this forum and worth a million to us as well!

Mainegal, I didnt see the CBS blunder but I sure was upset it was on later then normal just because of a football game...funny how they dont run late for anything else...grrr

Bob, I was wanting to look into the tivo...is there a monthly fee to use it, or is it just buying the box ?

I was SOOOoo happy BOB won, he is who I wanted to win.

Once you have TIVO or DVR.. the whole way you watch TV will be improved. It is well worth the $5 a month I pay for it.

Ever have a senior moment and miss something that was said? Just rewind and watch it again.LOL

Want to skip the commercials?? fast forward

Want to slow something down so you can see something in the background.. no problem, just put it on pause.. pause it for potty break etc.

Nope .. cannot go back to no TIVO..it is just too convenient!

lol Would you all hate me if I said I still love my vcr? I've used the same tape for about 2 years now and have probably used it at least 365 days out of that time to record. It's still going strong.

It's funny...but I was GLAD Survivor came on a little late! I was out to dinner and frantically rushed home, knowing I had missed a half hour of my beloved show....but I hadn't!!!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, there's a fee for Tivo, something like $8 per month or so. To be honest, it kept me from buying one for a few years. I grumbled and complained "I'm not paying them a monthly fee! That's a ripoff!" But it's really not... The monthly fee pays for the programming guides, and that's the magic of Tivo.

lol Would you all hate me if I said I still love my vcr?
No, we won't hate you... But you're missing out on a lot of the best things Tivo offers.

You can record a show and watch it at the same time. For example, my wife loves Grey's Anatomy. She'll often watch it live, or nearly live. But she can pause it, rewind (great for sports fans, your own instant replay!) and best of all fast forward through commericials if you start watching after the show's been on a bit. i.e. You start watching a show that comes on at 9:00 at about 9:20, knowing that by 10:00 you'll have fast forwarded through 20 minutes of commercials and be caught up to the live broadcast.

You can watch one show while recording another. The new units can record two shows. Mine can also hold 160 hours of shows, try that on your VCR!

Best of all is the "Season Pass" option. That's what makes Tivo special. You tell it you want a Season Pass for a show, and then it figures out when the show is on, and records it for you. No trying to figure out what night something is on, or what time, just say "Record American Chopper" and it does the rest. You can also tell it "only the new shows" or "new shows and re-runs" etc, to fine tune your preferences. You can, of course, pick which episodes you want, if you so chose.

You know how Survivor is often on a certain night, maybe Tuesday, but then they switch to Friday night and go two hours for the final? Tivo will figure that out using the schedule you subscribe to, and record it no matter what time it's on. (As long as it's scheduled that way. If a ball game runs long and pre-empts it, you're out of luck since there's no way for it to know that... But I've only had that happen one or two times in the last 5 years or so.)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Want to slow something down so you can see something in the background.. no problem, just put it on pause..
I do that all the time, much to my wife's chagrin... :)

Especially any movie with trains in it, since I'm into railway preservation. I'll stop a show and go "Hey, is that Sierra RR #38?" and pause it while I get a look. :)

One of the fun things to do with it is to pause commercials and actually read all that fine print that flashes by... "Professional driver on closed course. No, our car can't actually drive on water. No, you won't look that cool in real life. Actually, it's a piece of crap, and we had to speed up the movie to make it look like it can go that fast. It really tops out at 60... downhill... with a tailwind... "

lol The long, funny commentary at the end of "2 And a Half Men" would no longer be a mystery! Wow. I've never taped that though.
Thanks for all that info. They sound pretty cool.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com