New For Thanksgiving

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

That's what I was thinking too, Crabber. My thought was to cook the cranberries and then refrigerate them until I was ready to finish the recipe.

John, the cranberries are quite reasonable here as they are a northwestern product. The dried cranberries are considerably more expensive than the fresh ones though. But I think most dried products are more costly. The dried and sweetened cranberries are $6 per pound and that recipe calls for a 12 ounce package although I bought the ones I got from a bulk container. I bought enough of the dried berries to deal with both our holidays, but I still want to get that experiment done and it looks like Crabber is going to get it done before me.

Hmmm that's interesting Randy the dried one here are cheaper than the fresh, probably less cost involved getting the fresh ones here before they spoil. I saw some "Craisins" the other day so I may check them out as an alternative too.

I have seen and eaten the Craisins and I can't tell them from the dried cranberries in the bulk container. Maybe they can charge more for them if they give them a special name.

And special packaging :rolleyes:

Well randy, after all that , I was putting the bird on the table when ........... I realized .......I didn't do the cranberries :rolleyes: Really are you kidding me. So I didn't try the new dish :(

See how you are. LOL I made enough for both of us. I got told again by my daughter though that the family isn't going to be satisfied with the canned stuff any more. My wife bought a turkey breast so we would have enough turkey, but she didn't fix it. I'm going to see if I can bum it in a couple of weeks and try applying fresh cranberries to that recipe. I don't see why they wouldn't work just as well. We'll see.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back