New gardener - something eating my jalapeno leaves!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PoetStorm

Hi, I'm completely new to being a green thumb. Me and my hubby planted a small vegetable garden back in May. My jalapeno plant has produced two small peppers so far, but something is eating holes in the leaves.

I'd like to keep this garden as organic as possible, so I haven't reached for the pesticides yet. Is there anything I can do naturally to alleviate the problem? Thanks in advance.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Poet,
Might be slugs or snails.
Place a saucer with some beer in it under the plants in the evening. Slugs and snails love beer and will quickly go to the beer and drown. You will find dead ones in the saucer in the morning!
Let me know how it goes!

danabills

That is a great tip but I have also heard of another method.I am not sure whether it completely works 'cause I have not tried it out yet. Take a handful of peppers,chop them and then boil them in potful of hot water.Strain it and then pour it into a spray bottle and then just spray it unto the leaves.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com