GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
At the top of the page, there are two links, "New Posts" and "Active Topics"

There is a subtle, but important, difference between new posts and active topics.

New Posts - If you're a member and logged in, this will show posts that you have not read yet. One you've read a thread, if nothing new has been posted to that thread, it will not be shown under "New Posts".
What's New - threads that have recently been posted to, whether or not you've read them.

Click on the two and compare, here's another tip, in active topics, bold means unread posts, not bold means you've read it (or at least clicked on it).
If you're not a member, they'll look a lot alike since it can't track what items you've read. If you are a member, it helps you find stuff you haven't seen yet.

Hi Bob forget the email from woodstock, I had the wrong forum, looked the same tho. Haven't been here for a while so have to get familiar again. Good to see Ron is still here. Hope some of the old crew comes back once in a while soon

Hi Woodie!
I'm usually here each morning for a while.
Some of the old group drop in once in awhile, but it is not like the good ole days!

It's nice to see that the forum is active, I read new discussions in the morning and find something new. I think to take the time to read old discussions, I'm sure there is a lot of useful information there. Thank you for the navigation.

At the top of the page, there are two links, "New Posts" and "Active Topics"

There is a subtle, but important, difference between new posts and active topics.

New Posts - If you're a member and logged in, this will show posts that you have not read yet. One you've read a thread, if nothing new has been posted to that thread, it will not be shown under "New Posts".
What's New - threads that have recently been posted to, whether or not you've read them.

Click on the two and compare, here's another tip, in active topics, bold means unread posts, not bold means you've read it (or at least clicked on it).
If you're not a member, they'll look a lot alike since it can't track what items you've read. If you are a member, it helps you find stuff you haven't seen yet.
"Understanding the Difference Between ‘New Posts’ and ‘Active Topics’As a member, these two links serve distinct purposes:New Posts: This section displays threads you haven’t read yet. Once you’ve read a thread and no new posts have been added, it won’t appear here. It’s a great way to catch up on fresh content.Active Topics: Here, bold titles indicate unread posts, while non-bold titles signify that you’ve already clicked on them. If you’re not a member, the distinction may be less noticeable, as it can’t track your reading history.Remember, these features enhance your browsing experience, helping you stay up-to-date with community discussions!"**

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back