Night blooming cactus

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Solidago

I had a vacation this summer in Greece. And I saw something incredible. It's night blooming cactus. Spectacular! I'm trying to find similar type for indoor planting with the same impressive effect! :) Does anybody know this cactus?

nightcactus.jpg

cactu11.jpg

see more pictures here

Wombat

Beautiful bloom, the only night blooming cactus that I know of is the night blooming cereus. It's botanical name escapes me but I think thats the common name for it. Someone else may have more info on it than me.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not an epiphyllum! The flowers are more open and spidery in shape!
Do you remember the shape of the plant?
Knowing this will help to identify it!
There are numerous night blooming cacti!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
My son just gave me a night blooming Sirius , I think that's how you spell it. Please Ron correct me if I am wrong. I know how to say it but not the correct spelling.. LOL :rolleyes:

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cereus is the proper spelling and is a genus of cacti!
The name is often attached to more then one species that have the same night-time blooming with similar long tube shaped flowers!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com