OK to prune back lantanas

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

I have nice row of lantanas (some 10-12) that provide a very full set of brightly colored flowers in the spring and summer. However, in teh winter, the plant (at least the part above the ground) dies and looks pretty bad. After watering in the spring, new shoots always come up, and as soon as they are larger than the old, dead branches, I cut the old growth away and let the new growth get even bigger.

At this point, however, they are pretty ugly. What would happen if I were to cut the dead branches off now? That wouldn't hurt the plant, would it?

Gee I hope not cause I cut them down when they die back. They always come back like you said. Good luck but here they are easy to grow.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back