oriental lilies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Evie

do they grow in the ground or in pots and how much sun ?I just bought some bulbs but it does not have instruction . thanks

I would plant them outside in the sun(in GA you may need to shade them a little bit) and plant them about 6-8 inches deep .The new little bulblets grow above the main bulb along the stem... between the main bulb and ground level. That's why they need to be planted deep

Maybe I am wrong but here is a link

http://www.mikesbackyardgarden.org/lilyprop.html

Last edited:
In Ohio have some planted in full sun and some in partial shade. The ones in the sun seem happier...ones in partial shade have to stretch out toward the sun and have to stake them. Got some new ones last year and can hardly wait to smell them...I love their fragrance!!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back