Passion {Flower} Fruit

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Prowl

Some of my Buds have dried up and Died and I don't know why!!! More are coming but I'm still upset about the ones I've lost...
Anyone have any Ideas as to why my Buds are Dieing?
Thanks

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
First they tolerate extremly dry conditions and seem to thrive. I have noticed that when they get excessive water they will bud drop. The trucking comapny/ landfil that I use to run had 90 acres that I was always walking. And we had them growing wild everywhere. I started really paying attention when I saw all the buds dropped. The only conection I caould meak was excesive rain, ie . after a storm or hurricane. Hope this helps.

Bernie

I agree we never irrigated our vineyard. When ever we had a lot of rain we would have that same problem.

Prowl

***woot***

Attachments

• FoetidaBud29thJune09.jpg
    FoetidaBud29thJune09.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 404

Prowl

Well That Bud Turned into This.... ***WOOT***

Attachments

• FoetidaFlower7thJuly09.jpg
    FoetidaFlower7thJuly09.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 427

Prowl

And That Flowers Turned into This....

Attachments

• FoetidaFrui11thJuly09.jpg
    FoetidaFrui11thJuly09.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 433
P

phillipsdenman

I do have some development, but do not use wild fruits. Looked like a spider lily. Unfortunately the seeds of fruit is loaded, so remove the fruit when the waterfall is a good idea. Passion is an invasive weed for me and wildfire spread!

Spider_Lily

I do have some development, but do not use wild fruits. Looked like a spider lily. Unfortunately the seeds of fruit is loaded, so remove the fruit when the waterfall is a good idea. Passion is an invasive weed for me and wildfire spread!

Weed's here too Phillip we mow them down or they would take over.

SoCal Gardener

I planted passifloria edulis this past late summer and just got flowers popping up a few weeks ago. I was so excited to see this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339385537.061215.jpgthis morning!
I can't wait to taste the fruit. I'd be happy if this became invasive. I think it depends to some extent on the variety. The edulis won't tolerate much below 32F and even then will loose tissue.

Prowl

I've had 2 Fruit Already this Year....
Remmber Mine is in a pot on the Windowsill and its a Foetida... Small Fruit But BIG on flavor

Prowl

I've been Given the Seeds of P. Actinia..... Has anybody else Grown These ones for Fruit to eat?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com