Passion Fruit Pie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

The prob with Passion fruit is that it tastes great but it takes too long to eat very much of it. But you can make a whole pie - with zero cooking - and get tons of flavor faster. :D Here's a good and easy recipe for that.

PASSION FRUIT PIE - ZERO COOKING

THE CRUST:
1 package of butter cookies (about 20)
1/2 cup of melted salted butter
1 teaspoon of water - if the crust isn't wet enough

Put the cookies in a blender. Add the butter and water and mix it for 10 seconds. Pour it in a medium sized pie pan or mold. Press the crust tight so that its not any thicker than 4 inches (1 cm). Set that aside for later.

THE FILLING:
1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
1 small carton of whipping cream
5 Tsp. (10 grams) of powdered gelatin or 1 sheet
Pulp from 8 passion fruits

Spoon out the passion fruit pulp and set that aside for later.
Whip the whipping cream. Dissolve the gelatin in a little hot water. Add the condensed milk, the gelatin, and the passion fruit to the whipped cream and fold that in gently. Pour it into the crust and put it in the fridge for at least one hour.

THE TOPPING:
Pulp from 6 to 8 passion fruits
1/2 glass of peach nectar
1 Tbsp. of sugar
5 Tsp. (10 grams) of powdered gelatin or 1 sheet

Spoon out the passion fruit pulp and mix it with the peach juice and sugar. Dissolve the gelatin in a little hot water then mix that in too.
Get the filling out of the fridge and pour the topping on it very carefully. Put it back in the fridge for 2 hours so it wont fall apart when you try to cut it into slices.

This is how it should look... without the leaves, lol! :)

6313885804_401326c9b8_z.jpg

Fruit pie by Trax, on Flickr

Last edited:

Wombat

Wow looks yummy trax! We often have fresh passionfruit squeezed over red papaya it's a great combo.

Prowl

Hey Trax, I Grow Passion Fruit on a windowsill.... Small Furit but BIG on Taste!!!!

Attachments

• FoetidaFrui11thJuly09.jpg
    FoetidaFrui11thJuly09.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 355

Trax

Hey Prowl,
Awesome! :D I def wanna try that cause we lost our Passion vines last summer cause of the heat and drought. :( I'm gonna get some more though. Prolly Vitifolia, Lady Margaret, and I hope Sunburst. :) The flavor totally roolz!
Good work! :D You already got fruit on yours!

Prowl

Mines Passiflora Foetida, its self Fertile so makes a Good 1 where You only Have space for 1 or for Windsills

Trax

Foetida?? Sweeeet! :D That's another one of my faves. I'm gonna try the windowsill thing. I'll post a pic if I can get it to grow! :D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com